<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

THE THINGS I'M GRATEFUL FOR FROM 2006

My horoscope today said
Virgo:
Too much data distracts you from what you really should be doing today. There are important issues that need to be addressed before you move into the new year, but it may not be easy to bring up anything controversial. You have analyzed it long enough. It's time to put your thoughts out there and stop worrying about the outcome.


So I decided to write a bit about what I am grateful for...

First off, thank GOD 2006 is over!!
1) I'm grateful foremost for having some range of motion in my right arm after an emergency rotater cuff surgery last Feb. I tore the muscle completely in half after I ran into a cement pillar while Christmas shopping in Dec. I gotta tell you, I am very thankful I can wipe my own ass now! Making the mention of this, leads me to #2
2) I'm extremely grateful for Cottenelle Flushable wet ones. It was pretty embarrassing and downright disgusting to have to have your husband wipe your ass.
3) I'm also very grateful for pain pills...Yah Vicodin!!!
4) I'm grateful for two healthy grandsons, Nicholas who will be 6 soon, and Matthew who will turn 2 soon.
5) I am also grateful I am NOT a full time Grandma/babysitter...I can't keep up with the 2 yr old! In fact, I had my 3 sons while I was young, 21,22, & 24 respectively. I had them early purely for selfish reasons! I wanted to be a "young" grandma...young enough to run and play with my grandkids. But apparently God had other plans, because at 56 I am painfully arthritic, unable to run, and there are days when walking a straight line isnt going to happen...I wasnt supposed to look like a drunk decrepit old lady at 56, I think there's been a mistake God!
6) I am very grateful to a group of ladies I belong to on the web, who have listened to me bitch, moan, cry and question my life....These ladies are my "support system" and they are held captive in the little box on my desk!!! *Psst...don't tell them!
7) I am grateful for my husband of 35+ years, even though there are days when I feel like a "little rat poison" would go a LONG way....He knows I love him, but good God, you can't confine any two people in a small 1100 sq foot house without having some feelings of fleeing or murder....
8) I am grateful for Chinese takeout, eating out, the movies, bingo, friends, gold jewlery, Michaels stores, slot machines, butter, knee high panty hose, elastic waist lines on pants, my pajamas, oh...my bed...I love my King bed, great television shows, photos, and all of my memories.
....and I am grateful that I can pick up where I leave off, tomorrow, the first day of 2007...and hopefully a brighter, healthier, enjoyable, wealthier, loverly year!

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Melli said...

**kickin' and SCREAMING* YOU CAN NOT KEEP ME CAPTIVE IN THIS BOX!!! I'll get OUT I tell ya! And wheeeen I DO... LOOK OUT! I'll be headin' straight for YOU! ;)

It's a great list Becci! And I agree with many more than you think! Oh yea... you knOw about that! ROFL!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger PJ said...

That is a great list!
Happy New Year!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Happy New Year Becci!!

I'm happy for those overly-perfume-scented sales ladies I had playing with my boobies this weekend!! Dunno what I'm talking about? Come on over sometime today and read what I had done. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home