<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Wednesday with mom


Once a week for the last 2 months, I give my younger sister a break and go and "mom-sit". I dont want her to know that I am enjoying it as much as mom and Grandpa Al and Mary Lou do though...lol..can you imagine? I enjoy taking my cross-stitching and my special new table lamp (with the magnifying over head light) and sitting quietly sewing away the hours. Mom has alzhiemers, and she lives alone, but we have a wonderful "step-daddy" who makes sure she eats and gets out of bed, Al, mom's boyfriend of 32 years. Al dosent live at mom's, but he stays with her so much, it seems like it. My mom-sitting helps give them a break. I just finished my 14th baby crib blanket for my twin sisters son & daughter in law's new grandson, born Dec. 26th ,Aedhan Owen...want a peek?
Of course, this isnt the colors I did this one in, because it's sitting on the table waiting to go to the post office tomorrow, already wrapped, I had to use the package photo. Now I need to go and pack a bag for mom's...I need to take something from the freezer and cook for her tomorrow...I really hate cooking anymore...I'm just bored and tired of it! lol...but mom loves the company, so I do what I must...Crazy hubby intends to go and golf tomorrow morning! HELLOOO??? It's frickin WINTER here in Michigan...but on the good side, there isnt any snow on the ground right now...besides, its supposed to be a balmy 45° here tomorrow.......AFTERNOON!...

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boy I hate cooking too! It's an effort to come up with something original everyday. Up until I retired in Sept., my hubby used to do most of the cooking. Now that I'm home, it's my turn. Not one of my more favorite things to do.

Love the quilt! Gorgeous....

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

It's been saved ONLY...you will need to check it out, to see if you like it --then open the template and 'republish'!!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

In other words, what I did in the editing has been saved, ----do a preview of the template and then if you like it....click republish.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

REally great blog Becci!
I'll be back - gotta hit the sack - it's super late!
Hugs
LL

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Melli said...

I only like cooking anymore if I'm making something really GOOD! I hate the day to day stuff... But MORE than cooking, I hate trying to come up with meal ideas! I impressed them all last night though! Stir-fry rice without the "fry" (no oil), mixed with catfish (yep - you heard me!) and spinach! A little onion... voila! They LOVED it!

I found the "stir fry" spice packets at the grocery store -- they recommended chicken or shrimp OR fish - so I went with that! They also recommended green onions and peas or peas and carrots. I didn't HAVE any of that on hand, so I used regular onion and spinach! Oh come ONNNNNNNN! It's almost nearly closely the same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home