Saturday, January 06, 2007
About Me

- Name: PowersTwinB
- Location: Michigan, United States
I'm a 59 year old identical twin to Bobbie,who lives mostly at her winter home in Palm Desert,California. I miss her every day! I live in lower Eastern Michigan. I have 3 sons and 2 grandsons. My oldest son, Paul is a Fireman/Rescue/Swat. He is married to Julie and they are mommy & daddy to Matthew 4yrs old and Nicholas 8 yrs old. My middle son,John is an Executive Chef and still single(*sigh),and the youngest,Marc is a Millwright,steel worker and is married to Allison,a Paramedic. My hubby is happily retired and working a minimum wage part-time dream job,as a golf ranger!...All the golf he can play for free!.John is the love of my life, and we have been married for 38+ years! I love to gamble and travel. I also love to go on cruises.I adore the color green.I really enjoy meeting new people. I find it wonderfully relaxing to take a good book,find a decent restaurant, and enjoy a meal by myself where I can actually keep track of the plot lines! I am an avid reader of almost anything, but especially personal blogs....yeap, I'm a blog-whore. I enjoy medical blogs, personal triumph blogs, family blogs and all things multiple.




15 Comments:
I remember spoolies! Ours were pink! Annnnnd I remember brush rollers.... OUCH! I HATED those things! And the sad part is - I DIDN'T NEED THEM! I have naturally curly red hair! I guess they were trying to TAME some of the curls! UGH! I hated them! Even the spoolies! (hated sitting still long enough to get 'em in!)
I remember the pink sponge rollers....thank heaven they were alittle easier on the head!!! LOL
Now I see why my mom refused to put curlers in my head when I was a little girl. Ouch! When she was a child her mom tied her hair with scraps of rags.
I remember! I remember! They were softer than rollers with brushes!
I slept on big rollers to straighten out my hair! How I ever got any sleep is beyond me!
Great choice Becci!
Glad to see you blogging!
What a trip down memory lane. thanks!
Hugs
L
I remember my mother's old pink spoolies (I never knew that's what you called them) in the bathroom cupboard, but we never actually used them. What's scary is that I knew immediately when I looked at the picture what those things were!
I remember those things! I loved to play with them (I was easily amused!).
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
Oh wow! I think I do remember them. This is so cool! You still have them around, too. Thank you!
We used to play with mums curlers they were put on the rods heated up and then rolled into our hair - I hated it when our hair tangled around it - as we had to pull them out - Ouch it hurt! Welcome to the Hunt :)
I don't, but I do remember those pink ones YellowRose mentioned.
Have a great weekend.
My mom used brush rollers every.single.day for as long as I could remember, until she lost her hair to cancer treatments. She would get her hair cut in some style so that she wouldn't need them....and then she'd still use them!
Perfect choice for the hunt. Very clever.
I don't remember these, but then again I'm not a girl lol. A good post for the hunt though. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
No, I don't remember those! I didn't curl my hair often because nothing worked much. I do remember the brush-and-pick types and the pink spongy ones. I'm so glad someone invented electric curlers!
Thanks for visiting!
Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
Thanks for joining the hunt. I've added you and will intro you this upcoming Saturday.
I've never had these, mine were always brush rollers. But I do remember you posting these on your old blog.
If it were up to me, I'd never have used ANY of them....my hair is straight but wavy, so that's enough body for me.
Happy Hunting.
LOL! I am definitely old enough to remember spoolies! I used them often! Thanks for the memory!
Post a Comment
<< Home