<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt: Theme: COLORFUL





While I was in California last month, this beauty flew right over the condo. I am one of the few who were fortunate to have taken many hot air balloon rides when my twin sister owned one in the 80's! What an incredible ride! Have you ever had a ride?


48 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger CGH Scrapbook said...

That's a very colorful Balloon. Nice picture. Hey by the way I like green too. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so beautiful! You know my friends from AZ are here right now. A few years ago we went to Albuquerque's balloon fiesta. It was so much fun!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Oh Becci - you've got me singing:
Would you like to fly, in my beautiful balloon?
Remember that wonderful tune? It's just a beautiful as your photo!
How DO you do it???
happy weekend
hugs
L

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

Seeing this makes me think of Guppyman and Stormi =) Such a beautiful & vibrant shot.

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT SHOT!!! for this week's theme!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Linda said...

That's a beautiful shot and great use of the theme! I've always wanted to take a balloon ride even though I have a fear of heights. I think it's just got to be a lovely way to look at the world!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Oh! I never have! I've always wanted to! Cool shot!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger  Kim said...

What a beautiful shot!! I love to watch hot air balloons but have no desire to go up in one--yikes! My sister-in-law lives in Albuquerque and we have always wanted to go their for the hot air balloon festival. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my site. :)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I am so envious! I love hot air ballons and I would love to take a ride. The picture is just lovely!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beautiful!! breathtaking.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Crazy Working Mom said...

I've never ridden...but I always thought it'd be cool!
Great shot and wonderful choice for the theme.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colorfulness of hot air balloons! I have never been in one but would like to ride some time.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger JC said...

Great shot! I've been up in a balloon twice, and skydiving once. Fond memories.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never had the opportunity. Thanks for a beautiful photo :-)

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger maiylah said...

wow .... cool!
havent tried riding in one, but would love the experience!
thanks for dropping by mine.
happy weekend! :)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

That's a colorful hot air balloon! I rode in one for 10 minutes and it was only 20m from the ground.
It was a wonderful experience.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger The Daily Matters said...

WOW! I love that. How I wish I can ride one someday.

Have a great weekend!

The Simple Times In Life

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger fibrate said...

I like your shot. The colors really come alive against the blue sky!

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't that the coolest thing. floating by my back patio? A GR8 photo Twiny

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said...

Beautiful balloon! What a perfect shot.
I would love to ride in one of those one day...

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never been in a hot air balloon, but I've always wanted to. How cool that your sister actually owned one!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want to see one, I want to see one!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger GEWELS said...

your sister OWNED a hot air balloon? Never would have thought of that.
They are beautiful and COLORFUL

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow, the hot air balloon was captured so well. I don't think I'll ride one though. :) Heights you know.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

YES! I have been on a balloon ride. Our 25th wedding anniversary, we had a champagne breakfast---high over the Rockies. [Well, the foothills anyway. And it WAS COLD!!!!]

Happy Weekend Becci. I haven't seen you at my blog for ages. Hope all's well]

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific shot! :) That is a very colourful balloon. :)

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh this is simply amazing. Having an air balloon that passes by the house!..Nice colour against the blue sky!

Pearl

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

how beautiful, and perfect!!!

smiles, bee

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot. I have not been in one, but would like to try someday.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so love to watch hot air balloons fly over our area at times...they certainly are very colourful!! Beautiful shot you got of that one! xo

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger BeeKeeper said...

Wow! What a great photo. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of the summertime balloon festival we would attend. It was a COLORFUL event to say the least!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Wow! I'd've been out there with a camera too if something like that drifted past our house.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Never ridden in a hot air balloon.

Never really wanted to, either, LOL.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That is a beautiful photo! I love the colours!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

Lovely photograph! I bet it WAS an incredible ride, and no, I have never been up in one. I don't think I am brave enough! Thanks for stopping by Pollywog Creek, Becci, and have a great weekend!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Wonderful choice for The Hunt. I thought about posting a similiar picture but went in a different direction inside. We live in the Hot Air Balloon Capital of the World. I'm taking Pastormac for a balloon ride when we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in a couple of years.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said...

hot air balloons are so neat to see, the colors are wonderful on this one!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Wow! Look at the colors. It looks amazing up next to the brillant blue sky! I've never riden in one! How fun is that!!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what gorgeous color. Exceptional. No...I've never taken a hot air balloon ride. It's on my things to do!
Thanks for visiting my place.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Callie Ann said...

NO I have never ridden in one of those but I do love them so much. I live in Oregon and they fly over our town a lot. You'll wake up in the morning to a Whooooooosh, Whooooosh, Whooooosh and that's the coolest. Thanks for sharing now off to check out your blog at geocities.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

no can't say that i have ever been in a hot air ballon...but they do look so pretty....

happy weekend....

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger lissa said...

I never had a chance to ride hot air balloon. Nice photo choice for Photo Hunt!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

That's beautiful against the blue sky! Perfect choice for this them.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger YTSL said...

Wow! Nice shot -- good thinking (and reactions) in capturing a pic of that! :)

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping to find a hot air balloon photo this week. I just love looking at them and I keep trying to convince my hubby to book us a ride. It looks so peaceful.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

That's an amazing shot. I've never been in a hot air balloon. I'm sure it's a grand experience and hope one day I can try it too. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I've never been in a hot air balloon, but the picture is very nice. Good post for this weeks hunt.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Martie said...

I was fortunate enough to go up in one of these a couple years ago. It was tethered and the weather didn't allow us to take off....but just being in one way up in the air, even tethered, was something to experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home