<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt Theme: Hobby



I cross stitch baby crib blankets. I am sewing my 16th baby blanket. There is never a time when someone isnt waiting for their crib blanket from Auntie Becci. A blanket takes me about 4-6 months, sewing nearly everyday. Please click onto the photo to enlarge and see the detail.

31 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I can see why there is never a time when someone isn't waiting for their blanket!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

How wonderful!! My mom made me a blanket when I was born, and I slept with it until I was a teenager!! I still have it!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Patty said...

That is really pretty. I use to cross stitch, but haven't done any in years

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Jose said...

Wow, that's a hobby that requires not only time but love and dedication. The blanket you show us looks beautiful. Awesome hobby.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to cross-stitch. But now I think I've lost patience for it. Hehe. Great hobby still.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger jmb said...

That's so beautiful. Are they all the same? I make baby quilts for many babies too. One is up on my sight.
jmb

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that is so beautiful. What a great hobby.

Mine is up too.

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why it takes so long. Your work is amazing!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that is beautiful. What a great gift for the babies.

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Weekend!

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just lovely. I simply cannot stand all these talented people! (LOL, wink, wink) I am so NOT talented. My only talent is that I raise nice dogs!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a beautiful blanket! :) You are very talented. :) What a wonderful hobby to have!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jeanette said...

Your Crib blanket is beatifull. and many hrs. of stitching but very rewarding to see the finished item. I used to do cross stiching and tapestry's but havent done any for a number of years,

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

Auntie Becci, that is just gorgeous. What a wonderful gift your neices and nephews will cherish for years to come. Thanks so much for stopping by Pollywog Creek and for your kind comment. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Caylynn said...

Beautiful! :) That's a gorgeous piece of cross-stitch! You are very talented. :)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It sure been fun for me to see what all the different hobbies are.
I haven't done any stitching for years. Two of my Aunts make quilts.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Linda said...

What a great hobby and you certainly do very nice work! I can see why it takes you 4-6 months to do, that's some very detailed work!

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I cherish things like that. I have some amazingly gifted relatives (a lot like you!)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger srp said...

These are so gorgeous... perhaps if I ever get into the position to become a grandmother... not likely to ever be an Aunt... then this looks like fun!

Great talent you have there!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I love cross stitch...I have never done anything that big before...but I have done many small things...like cards...which I would make as part of the persons gift and then give them a frame so they could keep the card in....you have a lovely talent....

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute isn't that! What an art work really! I bet they save it for when they get older as a memory!

Time for some cruise ball FUN!

Let me know if you're having problem with the ball dress, need any help choosing or maybe to pull up the zipper? Or to giggle over some bubble water while doing the make up!

I love this cruise ball! The magician is a cool guy really, even though he has done some tricks with my dress several times already....

*giggles*

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That's an amazing amount of work!!
I loved to cross stitch, but RA decided to hang around with me, so can't do it anymore.
The blanket is just beautiful!!!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Wow! That is INCREDIBLE! How wonderful. Cross stitching is the hobby my mom taught me, but I haven't kept up with it. Not sure why.

Keep it up, I'm sure they are so appreciated!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Andree said...

I couldn't believe it when I took a close look. Do you design them? The details and colors are fabulous.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 4-6 months. That's Love!

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that blanket is too adorable! We have a blanket that my husband's mom & grandmother quilted/cross-stitched for our daughter ... they really do become heirlooms!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Oh it adorable! A labor of love to be sure. What a precious gift to receive.

Wonderful hobby and choice for The Hunt.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger GEWELS said...

How sweet. You're a nice Auntie to have. My cross-stitching days, I fear, are over. My eyes have gotten too bad or maybe I just need better light, hmm

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger bonggamom said...

That is beautiful. I love to cross-stitch too; the last thing I did was a wall hanging for my daughter, 5 years ago :) I'll get back to it soon, I swear!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful crib blanket! I admire your patience and diligence in doing something so detailed. I've never been patient with cross-stitching-am a good starter but a terrible finisher.
Anyway, I wish you were my aunt, teehee :P

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

That is so cool Becci!!!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Well... now... I REMEMBER commenting on THIS one... where did it go???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home