Saturday Photo Hunt: Theme: EMPTY

I must have the most wonderful husband in the world. John will grocery shop, do laundry, even washes the floors...but he is anal when it comes to the dishwasher...Before the dishes have even cooled down, he has that machine emptied and those dishes put away! I often hear other women complain that "no one EVER empties the dishwasher". I think it must be a common complaint. Everytime John MT's (our pet name for his around the house job) our dishwasher I say a simple "thank you Lord for sending me my soulmate, and giving me a man who doesnt complain about his lazy wife, laying on the couch eating Bon-Bons and watching Soap Operas!"...yah, right, I don't even like Bon- Bons!



63 Comments:
What a nice nap place for cat Arthur ! He loves to sleep in there as soon as it's empty, lol !
You are so fortunate. Mine is full right now, the dishes are clean, it just needs to be emptied.
Becci,.... Your husband sounds alot like mine.He got his neatness from the military.
We are going to see many different pictures today for the word ...empty.
Baba
You lucky lady! I think a lot of girls dream of a soulmate like yours (me included), hahhaa :)
I can give an AMEN to that. My ex mowed the lawn, sometimes took out the trash.. that was it. I love an empty dishwasher.
You are lucky! I also HATE to empty the dishwasher, I'd rather just wash dishes than empty the dishwasher out!
Oh, he's a keeper all right!
I'm always on my girls to, "Empty the dishwasher!!"
Great choice for The Hunt!
Cute! My hubman would gladly empty it but he wouldn't know where half the stuff goes!
~~~Blessings~~~
ok where do i get a man like that :)
Lucky!
thats a great thing to have empty..YOu have a wonderful husband
You're lucky to have him as your hubby.
Good take on the theme.
Wow, I may have to let my husband read this. You are a lucky woman. Love your photo...good choice.
Most things are worse when they are empty. You are creative to come up with something that's better when it's empty!
Yes, you do have a "keeper"! I don't know what it is about emptying the dishwasher that everyone hates, but they do! Have a great weekend, Becci, and thanks for stopping by Pollywog Creek!
Nice and tidy. Without yet reading your post, I was thinking how lucky you are for having an empty and clean dw. :)
Now that's what I like to see ~ better go empty mine now. Have a great weekend and thanks for coming by My Photo Blog.
I love an empty dishwasher. Mine never stays empty, there area always dishes in the sink to load before the wash cycle is done :)
Love love love this photo, Becci! How creative you are!
I gotta tell you while we were showing our house when it was on the market, I literally used the dishwasher to HIDE everything! An empty one makes a great quickie storage closet - LOL!!
Happy Saturday, dear lady!
Mine is up now too.
Oh how I'd love to see that in my kitchen. Mine is broken :(
Great photo for 'empty'
Happy Hunting ^..^
this tickled me....we now don't have a dishwasher in our new house...this puzzles many people, however, ours was never EMPTY...like yours...no one, I mean no one, realized you were supposed to take them out and put them away when they were done...our dishwasher became our kitchen cabinet for dishes ;)
LOL- more likely blogging on the computer.
I love an empty dishwasher! Great picture for the theme.
oh lucky girl, me too honey, sarge always empties the dw, he started this the week he retired and has kept it up religiously.... sigh... wonderful!
smiles, bee
Now that is a good husband to have, maybe someday I'll find myself someone like that!
hurry for good husbands...In Asia, dishwasher isn't that popular..so handwash it is...
Pearl
hurry for good husbands...In Asia, dishwasher isn't that popular..so handwash it is...
Pearl
Your husband sounds like a great guy! :) My dad does most of the household chores too. My mom says it's his army training! About the only chore my mom does is cleaning my litterbox!
Thanks for stopping by!! I had to leave those cookies to show the "EMPTY" glass of milk!! I know everyone wonders why they were left!! Okay so I did put them back in the box!! I am trying to lose weight and it is really hard with those silly Girl Scout cookies all over the place!!
You are a fortunate lady to have a husband that does all of that neat stuff around the house without being "asked"!!! WOW!! Thank your LUCKY STARS!!
Sandy
very nice! I hope I find someone like that:)
blogger stinks at times..
Wrote a great long comment and poof!
You have a great hubby! We don't even have a dishwasher to empty..
one day.
ROFLMBO! Ya know why? I didn't play this week -- but only because I still haven't gotten the dishwasher EMPTY! That was going to be MY photo hunt this week! Toooooooooo funny! See? So it's good I didn't play! ;) GREAT idea Becci -- and you ARE blessed to have John!
not only is your dishwasher empty but it is spotless....wow....oh it puts me to shame.....now I have this urge to go clean my dishwasher....dang....
happy saturday hunting
Oops---My dishwasher is still FULL right now! LOL But then again...I don't have a "honey" to help with things like that. Sigh...
Great idea for the theme this week!
Mine is up also,
Lea
Well, he's certainly a keeper. :) It's a nice feeling to have it all emptied and ready for the next round.
If yours is anything like mine used to be. Not only are the dishes washed, but the dishwasher has to be loaded in a very specific way and heaven help anyone who does it "wrong" :-)
He's a definite keeper.
what a great hubby...Hats off to him. Thanks for sharing . Have a great weekend.
well because I have a bad back and my laundry room is in the basement in this house hubby does my laundry. But as for the dishwasher it never gets emptyed completely unless there are more dishes dirty than clean! And when I ask my grandkids to empty it they complain so often it doesnt get emptyed right away! thanks for visiting. I answered.
hehehe! i love to see an empty one too! i just hate dishes! u never ran out of them!lol!
Ooooooohhh... How could I infect Mr Right with all of that? Or even some of it! Wow! But the dishwasher - I've announced that it's a job to be taken care of by my girls. But they don't do it before I tell them to. The dishwasher in my house isn't a thing that can be seen empty! It's always full - either from dirty or clean dishes.
Ohh, an empty dishwasher is a good thing!
I posted a link to the Skate (not skeet, my bad) so if you want to see what it actually looks like.
Empty dishwashers are the best! Thanks for coming to visit my site! :)
Oh a wonderful sight, empty dishwasher. Happy weekend.
My hubby is very good at taking care of stuff around the house also. He really takes care of me. Thank you for visiting our Blog.
Sounds like your husband is a very sweet man who takes great care of you! An empty dishwasher is a great thing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a great weekend!
Can I borrow him for a while?? Wait...I don't even have a dishwasher! lol Great picture for today's theme!! Thanks so much for visiting me:-) xo
Husbands like that are rare, I'm very lucky with mine too when it comes to helping with household things. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me.
:-)
So, just like my Mr L. I think they do it because they actually LOVE us :-)
*giggles*
LOL! I love your story, and will never look at an empty dishwasher quite the same again.
Cute! You should tell John to stop by anytime to put the dishes away at our house. I can wash them all day, but I abhor putting the dishes away. LOL
That's so funny! Wish I had a dishwasher (human OR machine!)
My husband is similar! Great shot!
Now that's a beautiful thing!
You're blessed with a wonderful husband. I'm also thankful for mine.
Nice entry. We don't have a dishwasher at home. Must be great having one.
Can you clone your husband? I need one like him lol. Great photo
You definitely have a winner there! (Your husband, I mean, but the photo is good too.) Thanks for stopping by mine.
Becci - your photos just keep getting better and better - your photo choices are so wonderful and so are the stories that go with them!
My hubby is also a "dishwasher-empty-upper" *S*
Thanks for dropping by.
Happy Weekend
L
Wow! I'd say that is a GREAT hubby!! Mine does the laundry...but doesn't fold it (usually). I have to learn to be thankful for what he DOES do.
How sweet of him! Nice photo for the hunt. An empty dishwasher is a beautiful thing!
He sounds like a keeper :)
Thanks for stopping by mine :)
What a wonderful sight... and what a wonderful husband you must have! My dishwasher is packed full... can you send him down to Alabama? :-) Great take on the theme.
:-) Great photo and story!!
Sounds like you have a wonderful, loving husband (a lot of others can learn from him. :)
Greetz from Holland!
Great photos for the theme! Thanks for visiting my Hunt!
Post a Comment
<< Home