<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Photo Hunt Theme: DRINK


These are lovely old handpainted glass sandwich plates with delicate tea cups...so I poured myself a cup of tea...I don't know too much about this set, I got it from Grandma Powers, and I know she got it from her mom...the handpainting is on the back of the dishes!

32 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Andree said...

What a cool slide show! I know (I think!) why they are painted on the back: to protect the art! Sometimes I get it together! LOL That is a gorgeous set of plates and cups. Priceless for you!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

From what I can tell with them flashing by too fast to see, then being fairly small, they look like really cool pictures of some awesome dishes. Very nice.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very festive! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger srp said...

I'm sitting here and seeing all these wonderful drinks and we have no orange juice and I am thirsty for iced tea or ginger ale or something. I think these are delicious plates and tea with a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich would be very nice.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not old at all..wow! they're in tip-top condition

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely photos - great presentation

wishing you happy days ahead

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Well now... ain't that just a CHEATIN' way to do GLASS when the subject was DRINK! Leave it to Becci... mmm hmmmm...

I DO love those plates though! They're adorable and I don't blame you ONE minute for wanting to show them off... and I'll forgive you because they are GREEN and it's St. Patrick's Day! (how's that for reasoning? i can keep right up with you!)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger RobKPhD said...

Very cool! Perfect for St. Pat's, and I love the presentation!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

very pretty! :-)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Delete said...

I love the slide show you are using to display you pictures! Very cool effect!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

Oh wow, those are so beautiful. I'd love to have a set! Not only are they beautiful but to be handed down from generation to generation is tops!!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Laurie and Chris said...

Great plates and memories that come with them.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the slide show too Becci!
Great job and great photos too!
Have a happy weekend
L

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

What a lovely set!

Mine's up :)

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger RobKPhD said...

Be caqreful, Jameson is a dangerous fellow. :) Thanks for the visit!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger TorAa said...

I must admit: Your contribution this week, simply, is -- I'm only a Norwegian: Utrolig bra.

See U

:))

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those plates are beautiful! nice pictures.

And those panoramic eggs are COOL!!

Brandy
http://gajabraoutpost.com/brandysvarietygarden

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo the hand painting on those dishes is so beautiful!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Jose said...

I love creativity, your your drinks and slide shows stea the show. Love it.

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very impressive slide show -- will check on how the slide show is done for sure. Thanks for stopping by. On to your panoramic eggs post as requested. Take care.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

impressive plates! What an artist! I love em...

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Lovely photos.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Thanks for visiting! Lovely set!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Those are very nice, and who doesn't love a great cup of tea from a lovely cup? :)

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures of the set. A very special treasure. Thanks for coming by My Photo Blog.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my they are lovely!

smiles, bee

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Becci. I enjoyed the photo slide of your lovely painted dishes.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's an awesome heritage! Very unique.

Haven't you showered enough yet? Gotten sandy everywhere from the beach huh? No need of any make over, you look awesome already!

Hand me a cocktail on one of those ;-) and then come and see my new sexy dress, I'm ready to go out for dinner and see the nightlife in Barcelona!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Baba said...

Becci, You are so smart to know how to do a slide show!!Your plates are great looking.. makes me want to have a tea party. Baba

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Amazing Gracie said...

Hi!
I'm going through the "50" list and saying "hello." Nice post for Saturday! I also did tea but it was iced green tea. All the posts are so interesting with all the varieties.
Have a great week!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Amazing Gracie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's fixed for IE users now. At least my blog is loading for me with mine.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Happy day to you dear Becci.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home