Saturday Photo Hunt theme: BROKEN
This is an old American Folk Art vase, resembling a tree trunk, which never had even a chip in it until my youngest grandson started walking! He picked it up, and dropped it accidently on the only hard surface in my entire house, the marble hearth of our fireplace (it's glued back together). It still shocks me that it was so old and had no cracks or chips. My grandma Powers bought it at a flea market for $1.00 in 1965 (you can barely make out the 1.00 written in a grease pencil) . It is signed by a Jack Moser, and dated 1930 and came from the Richmond, Michigan area. I don't pretend to know anything about antiques, but this vase holds a special spot in my heart because I remember teasing my younger brother and sisters that Grandma herself MADE a tree into stone! I often wonder if it WAS a valuable piece before the break, but I know it isnt anymore because of a curious little toddler! (I think little Matthew will be getting this very vase for a wedding present some 20 years from now!)
74 Comments:
I'm glad the damage wasn't too bad! Considering your lovely vase has been around for over 70 years! Happy Hunting :)
LOL! Oh, I'm sure little Matthew is just going to be THRILLED! (his wife will probably LOVE the story though!) LOL!
Ummmm... I've been giving some thought to your job idea for me! I think it might be JUST the thing! We only get about 2 snow days a year! And that's JUST ABOUT how often I want to work!!! LOL!
You are a good Grandma. Not to be mad or anything. Beautiful vase.
This is real pretty, Becci...You sound like a great grandma not to be mad at him..
Mine is up!
Happy weekend, dear lady!
Don't you hate the sound of something breaking! It still looks beautiful in the photo and I'm sure that one day it will be a reminder to Matthew of the grace and love of his grandmother.
Wow, that is an old vase. Good story to pass on too. ;)
Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Saturday.
The breaks just make for a more interesting story on the history of the vase. A story you can tell over and over and over again in order to embarrass the heck out of Matthew someday!
That is a pretty vase!
Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog!Welcome back any time.
I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower
You are so right, I just posted a picture of a tree on my Photo Blog and it does look like this base.
If that piece was valuable, I think your grandson just made it priceless.
I'm a new participant to the hunt.
I really can't see the break-lines. Looks ok to me.
That's a neat idea to give him he vase when he's older, LOL!
Great story with this picture! I love that you are going to "pass it along" when the time comes. Very cute!
Happy Saturday!
You'd likely be surprised at the worth, even with a crack.... maybe some day some way you could find out just because. It's an awesome item.
Oh dear, that is heartbreaking. What a treasure! Nice that you were able to glue it back together. :)
That is a really kewl vase! I'm glad you glued it back together.
That's neat! If Antiques Roadshow comes around, you should take it in just to see its value.
Cool!! I love this kinda stuff....broken or not.
Thanks for the visit dear Becci.
Thats a pretty vase and a great story behind it. Had to laugh at the wedding present idea.
Have a good weekend and I'm up too.
Gotta love kids! They sure do break a lot of stuff.
What an interesting looking vase. I think the cracks give it an even better story.
That's a cool looking vase. I know the Richmond, Michigan area a little -- I have family up there. Used to live in Oscoda myself for like 10 years.
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog!
Brandy
http://gajabraoutpost.com/brandysvarietygarden
Isn't that just the way it goes!
Those kids!!
Love the vase, though!
Great choice for the theme, Becci!
Happy Weekend
Mine's up too
L
A good photo for this weeks hunt.I'm glad you got it glued back together. Little ones are so curious about things. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Oh my! That is a lovely piece... Where is an Antique Road Show when you need one? This would have made the show I'm sure. Can you google the artist and see what ever happened to him?
I suspect that vase is worth a pretty penny. I live in a bungalow and I'd LOVE to have a piece like that, but frankly, I can't afford them. I know; I've looked.
I'd have it appraised, if you care about such things.
My picture is up, too!
Wow! A buck is a steal for such a cool vase!!
Thanks for stopping by mine :)
good photo hunt, thanks for stopping by my place
Oh - I am so sorry that it broke. But it still is a great piece :). Thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend.
What a very interesting looking vase. You cannot tell that it is broken.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
HA, isn't that always the way things happen! Great take on the theme. Thanks for stopping by My Photo Blog.
It's a beautiful piece of art. I'm glad it was broken completely. Happy weekend.
Such a great old jug! I love antiques...I bet that piece is worth a couple hundred at least :)
Thanks for visiting my PH today!
hey, you could have posted this for the "antique" theme.
its beautiful and i cant see any visible crack. Goog glueing technique.
thanks for dropping by
That is a cute story. Beautiful vase. Sounds like our sons should get together for a playdate! *LOL* They seem to have similar interests (grandmother's antiques). Hope you have a great weekend...can ya pass me the superglue?
Wow! That is so awesome for you to have that vase and I'm glad it didn't break in many pieces. Luckily you were able to mend it.
Thanks for stopping by.
I can hardly tell it's glued together! You did a great job.
What a great idea for a wedding gift! I SURE he will appreciate it. :) Thanks for stopping by today.
What a wonderful family treasure you have!! It makes a wonderful story!
ouch! What a treasure to still have. At least things got a little mended!
It's a shame it was broken - but you get a story out of it at least!
Hope you had a nice holiday by the way (had a browse of previous posts).
Dandelion and burdock is a British drink. It tastes pretty bad to me but my boyfriend likes it now and again.
Hi Becci I just popped in from hootin'anni's.
Its a shame your little Grandson broke it after all those years.Lucky you were able to glue the pieces back together
It will still hold many memories.
Ill back to see more
Oh dear, what a shame it got broken considering how old it was and in such good shape!! I've never seen such a jug, how unusual it is!! Yup, Matthew would certainly get a kick out of getting that vase as a wedding present! LOL Thank you so much for visiting me:-)
What a shame that Matt dropped the vase. However it looks like a good repair job. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
That's a very unique vase, I'm glad you were able to mend it back together. Nice photo for the theme this week....
Thanks for stopping by!
This must cost a lot now. Have to take care of it.
Happy Sunday!
A great photo, and a wonderful story behind it!
And from Michigan no less.. ;)
Thank you for stopping by tonight. Have a great weekend.
Ryan
Great photo. Nice little story behind it. I have really enjoyed reading all the stories behind these broken photos. I think it will make a great wedding gift someday to your grandson.
one little vase with so many interesting memories, that alone is priceless!
glad it was grandson and not son :-) somehow grandsons can do almost anything at grandmas and not get into big trouble :-)
That's cool you are an identical twin :-0
I have identical twin boys that will be two years old real soon....
Thanks for stopping by my broken violin :-) It is a family treasure as well!
great photo:)
I have 3 boys (ages 2, 6, and 8) and it still amazes me how far they can go before they get into trouble at Grandma and PapPap's house!
It's like my parents just suddenly changed the instant I had kids, and all the stuff that was trouble-worthy before is just nuttin' now. I feel cheated, hehe. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the cellphone issue, I was late but I have my photo hunt pic up now.
Only a grandma's love can turn a broken vase into a cute story!
I am sorry about your vase. Kids are quick, aren't they???
Sounds like you had a great cruise with your twin. What fun.
I am visiting from the "Bloggers over 50" group.
Great story about the vase! Print out this page with all the comments and put the paper into the vase. I'm sure it adds something very valuable to the wedding present over 20 years. :)
Greetz from Holland
Great picture--and story to go with it!
Thanks for stopping by my entry. I'll put super glue on my shopping list.
You did an amazing job getting it back together and how fortunate that you were able to fix it since it holds such special family memories.
Great choice for The Hunt!
Broken and fixed! How wonderful to be able to put it back together.
Lovely
That's an unusual vase! Sorry it got broken, but glad it's fixed so you can enjoy it again.
My son did the same thing when he was little at a friend's house-walked into some statue and knocked it over-it may have chipped, but she had a bird!
Wow, lovely vase. The fact that it is glued back together gives it some charm. Great photo for the hunt.
Thanks for stopping by. That's a great story about the vase. Sorry it got broken.
Too bad it got broken. Great idea for his wedding gift, lol. Very unique vase, even broken.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week,
Betty :)
You are as devilish as I am, suggesting that it be his wedding present. At least in the photo it still looks good.
Hello, Becci! All I can say is Wow! You have an amazing site which I found while visiting one of my blog pals.
Over 50 and blogging! Yes, count me in! I'm 51. At first, I felt uncomfortable seeing most bloggers in their 20s and 30s, but what the heck, I continued on and now I'm a year old blogger.
I am from the Philippines. I see you have a theme in this post, about something broken? Well, I don't know if I can qualify. I also have something broken, but not old, it's a newly bought figurine. It's actually here: http://timeandtide.prepys.com/archives/2007/01/page/2/
Oops.. sorry, my comment is long enough for one blog entry. LOL!
*Phew* I´m glad the beautiful vase is not broken into as many pieces as a puzzle =)
The wedding present is a nice idea!
Thanks for visiting my hunt on Saturday - have a great week!
apartment for rent in grand rapid michigan
pichunter.com
free access
teenbe.com
firsttimeauditions.com
rawpussy.com
camelclips.com
assparade.com
hotgirlsplayroom.com
bluethumbs.com
pornstar.com
home video teen sex
worldsex.com
hardcore amateur video
atkmodels.com
adult amateur free sex video
hqmovs.com
no1babes.com
anal
anal
Jade Marcella
Aaralyn Barra
Lucy Lee
Alexis Amore
Crystal Clear
Lexi Love
Rio Mariah
Lexi Belle
Renee Pornero
Kylee King
Holly Morgan
Jenna Haze
Julia Bond
Kelly Wells
Jamie Huxle
y-com-fr33site.blogspot.com/>oohsexy.com
.blogspot.com/>toons-fuck-com
frees--x-ho-com.blogspot.com/>x-ho-com
Amateur American Messy Gangbang Milk Cumshot Party
All American Slut
Pissing Action After Amazing Gangbang Sex
Two Gorgeous Brunette Chicks Fucking Hard In Group Action
All American Girl Gets Her Face Splattered With Goo
Sexy Does Anal Toying Hard
Busty Asian Teen Babe Showing Big Natural Tits And Shaved Pussy
Young Hottie In Amateur Action
see
hersquirt.com nudecelebritypictures.nu amateur-hard.com whorevideos.com hotgirlsplayroom.com ultrasexmovies.com mia-movies.com bustypassion.com jizzhut.com pichunter.com 88by88.com kellyfind.com badassteens.com so-so-young.com amazingcum.com pimpmyblackteen.com
facials-com.blotrer.com>bigleaguefacials.com bignaturals.com xsecrets.com dailybasis.com
Post a Comment
<< Home