How in the hell do you pack 35 outfits, tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, underwear,ect. in a piece of luggage that weighs under 50 lbs?
First off, I don't think it's even possible to pack for a week cruise in ANYTHING that would end up weighing no more than 50 pounds! I think my bag weighs 10 pounds empty..in fact, I am sure of it! Ok, it IS the largest piece of luggage you've probably ever seen...I could fit Matt AND Amy Roloff in this bag, WITH their entire wardrobes! I'm crabby, I'm tired and I just have had it with Airline Security Procedures! I want the days when I could lock my bag, put my "important" personal stuff in my bag, and NOT worry about it. I spent the better part of this afternoon ironing...a thing I DO NOT DO but once a year, or for going on a trip...In fact, when I am shopping, if it says, Dry Clean, Hand wash...or anything but machine washable & machine or air dryable, I just don't buy it...because I just DON'T IRON! I have my original iron from my wedding shower...36 years ago! and I bet it hasn't been used 100 times...man, they just don't make shit like they used to...which will send me off on another tirade...about things that don't "last" like they did in the "old" days..i.e. washing machines, vacuum cleaners, ect..
well I am off to sit on this bag and see if it will close...............and to find ziplock baggies for my underwear, my bras, my pantyhose...ewww I just do NOT want to think of some Security guy handling my personables!!



5 Comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog, especially in the midst of your packing frenzy. I detest packing and I haven't gone anywhere since all the new rules have gone into effect. Like we all need new rules...
I was going to "tag" you but I don't know if you have the steam for it now...if you do, okay, and if not, try it when you get back and settled in. It's "Five Things You Don't Know About Me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your blog is delightful! You are fortunate in that you have a yard large enough to have wild life running through! I live in a housing tract and manage to coach a few birds in to feed but nothing exotic except a hawk or two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you manage to board the ship and sip a tall cool one, the cares of the day will slip away and you'll become queen...Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
~~~Blessings~~~
Gracie
left comment on your Photohunt pic btw....and carried on reading your blog...nice one...
Yeah, packing can be tricky one but i certainly agree on those ziplock baggies. We use them loads on our traveling stints..
Have fun at yur cruise..take pictures!!!
Pearl
We just cruised last year. We were three doors down from the laundry room. Not only washers and dryer, but ironing boards too. I would suggest to pack for three days do a light laundry and don't worry about the ironing problem. I hate to iron too, but at least they had the irons there. They also had laundry soap packets too.
ewwwwwwwwwwww, iron is a four letter word around here!
It was like maybe 10 years after our first child was born ---well, needless to say, she didn't know what an iron was!!! Truly.
Weeeeelllllll... I'm workin' HARD on tryin' ta figure out WHY ya NEED 35 outfits for 7 days??? Are you REALLY going to change clothes FIVE times each day???? If I were going on a cruise for 7 days I would need 3 bathing suits, 7 pairs of shorts, 7 t's or tank tops, a pair of jeans (MAYBE 2) and one gown! One pair of dress shoes, 3 or 4 pairs of flip flops, and a pair of sneakers. Bras and panties! Done. ARE YOU CRAZY????
Post a Comment
<< Home