<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt #3


This week's theme is WILD. This lone turkey ran through my backyard, but I could see and hear the RAFTER of turkeys he was traveling with! This photo was taken in April.

82 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*lol* - gobble-gobble-gobble !!
thanks for visiting us :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Becci,

This is great! We have a ton of turkeys wandering through our backyard all the time. I get a "hoot" out of them....

Mine is up too.

Happy Weekend to you, dear lady!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Leah said...

I've never seen a turkey in the wild yet. Must be fun. Do they come around Thanksgiving time?

My photo is up.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love this picture. We used to have wild turkeys running around our previous place. Great shot.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow - that must have been a really cool site to see in person! definitely wild!

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat photo capture!!

Thanks for visiting!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Do you get to see the little poults in the spring? They are so cute. Nicr photo.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh, that's great! Why Michigan must be lovely! lol Our photo's are so very similar! I love it! :) Have a nice weekend!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Im sorry, I was on another blog and ended up here again...so sorry!

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot! You should have used that one at Thanks Giving. :)

You left a message on my site about contact lenses? If you get a perscription and can prove it (ie photocopy it) you can get contacts online.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

He looks very proud ! Fortunately you took the picture in April and not Thanksgiving day, lol !

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger srp said...

Wild turkey! Nyssa, my daughter, went to Hawaii with her geology class last May and she said their camping area had a group of wild turkeys. Each morning the turkeys would squawk and it sounded like they were yelling "Happy Birthday", over and over. She was annoyed and amused.

Mine is up too.

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! I've never seen wild turkeys in person before!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome photo and very wild.

Mine is up too.

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo. When I was at my mother's this summer in Connecticut, she had some "neighborhood" wild turkeys near her as well. :-)

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool! I've never seen a wild turkey before, but I have seen turkey crossing signs so they must be around. Do they travel in groups? Happy Photohunting :)

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Sonny said...

I've never seen a wild turkey. That's a nice photo! Thanks for sharing!!

My photo is up too. Please stop by my blog and have a look!!

Have a nice weekend,
Sonny
I will exercise for comments!!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Great shot! I wish I could chase him....

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Linda said...

They call a group of turkeys a "rafter"? That's like a flock of crows being a "murder" - what a cool fact to know and a great picture to look at!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Chateau said...

That's a very nice photo! I've never seen a wild turkey before- only domestic ones (for Thanksgiving LOL!). :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, fetch the cranberry sauce.... ;-)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Caylynn said...

Very cool! That's a great photo. :)

Have a good weekend. :)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Patti said...

We have turkeys, too. They are kinda shy. You're lucky you got a photo of one!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

How wild! lol That is very cool.

Blessings~

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Becci. (I remember this dude---it's so terrific that this is your back yard!)

Happy Saturday.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Nice photo. :) I would have fun chasing that turkey!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

that is a great shot and good for you for having your camera on the ready!!!

Cheers!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild and alone! What a great shot you captured and so perfect for todays theme!

My photo is up. Happy Saturday!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All we ever get is Canadian Geese .....that is wild.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool. I've seen a few of those from time to time. Great picture. Thanks for coming by.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Wow Becci, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a wild turkey before! Great choice!
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend
Hugs
LL

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Melli said...

Cool! Now this is what I had in MIND for today -- something wildlife-ish! But I just didnt have time to go hunt something down! Good job Bec!!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Great photo. It must have been exciting to spot a wild turkey near you. We don't have wild turkeys in our area. Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a (rafter?) of turkeys in my neighbor...and it never ceases to amaze me! I live on a heavily traveled road, too!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Barb said...

You have turkeys in your back yard? That's cool! I see from your profile where you're from. We're south of Detroit just above the Ohio state line.. so howdy neighbor! Thanks for dropping by mine :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Awesome! Wildlife in your own backyard. That's pretty cool.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rafter... hmm, learn something new everyday. :) Thanks for the photo!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Such a yummy... *erm* cutie =)

ROOOOAR! 2 tigers and a special tigger? Please visit my wild hunt @ Coffee 2 go - thank you!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks rather big to me. We don't have wild ones over here.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

that would be so cool to see something like this running through my own yard!!

thanks for the visit today.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh - a great painting :D
Thanks for visiting me!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger tiggerprr said...

That's great! I had one of those in our driveway once, and I was afraid to get out of the car or open the garage door, he was eyeballing me. LOL

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh wow, that berd looks like it culd eat us! Yoo went fur the wild, yet scary, picktur! Misshun accomplished.

Owr lady is frum the mittun state just like yoo. We had a stint ovur thare but now we are hanging owt in california (but not with yer twin sistur)

-Rosie and Cheeto

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Hausfrau said...

I just found some turkey tracks in the snow by our place a couple of days ago. I should've had an adventure and followed them, but it was cold. Looking forward to spring green again.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one thing I have never had in my back yard!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Thanks for stoppin' by! Your wild turkey looks delicious. I love turkey!
DMM

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jamielouwho said...

Wow, that's your backyard!!?? I can't imagine a wild turkey in my backyard. Very cool!

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get wild turkey's here too! I love em! Great picture. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw so many wild turkeys on a trip this fall to North Carolina. I can only imagine what noise an entire group would make running through your backyard! :-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by mine.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wild turkeys couldn't drag me away.
Sorry it triggered a song.
I've only seen these guys once or twice in the wild. They sure are cool though.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I've never seen a wild turkey before.

Mine's up too :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Laurie and Chris said...

This wild turkey must be the "wild child" straying from the group like that.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Thanks for visiting. I see we both have wild birds in our backyard.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I know that turkey!! He's a WILD thing!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger roman said...

I don't think I would of grabbed the camera, I think I would of grabbed a jump-rope, some twine something and give it my best to catch it and present it to my wife and say "Make room in the freezer honey because here comes dinner."

Great picture
H/H
Happy Hunting

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Photo! We had alot of wild turkeys in Molokai. My son and my cousin used to shot them with the BB guns, which didn't even faze them. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just me again. I was reading your profile and it says your husband works part time as a golf ranger. Well, when my husband retired, he got a part-time job as a marshall at the golf course too. And for the same reason, so he could golf free. So he took Tuesday's off so that we could golf with our gang who were all retired military and DOD workers. this was for a country club in Hawaii.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Andree said...

So a herd of turkeys is a rafter . . . I am learning so much on this meme! One day a rafter of turkeys (I counted 17) was right outside the living room window. I never would have known except my cats were totally beserk! The birds finally wandered up back on the mountain. Thank you for the picture!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Goofy Girl said...

Wild turkey? Thats pretty cool!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Lightseeker said...

Great Photo Hunt!

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

I had an Emu running wild in my yard last Summer. Crazy LOL

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Sally said...

I didn't know that wild turkey existed. Thanks for showing me.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Oooooh - that's a big birdie - we loves birdies! We gots lots of them gobblers here in Calif too! An ya know what? We's got kitty cousins in Michigan (Rockford)!

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like that the turkey is running for his life - but then again, it was in April - so nothing to fear...

Thank you for stopping by today.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

learn something new every day -- never knew it was a "rafter" of turkeys -- but then again have never seen turkeys in the wild either! We have a congress of bald eagles (about 2,000 of them) that winter near Vancouver. Always thought that was an odd way to describe a whole bunch of birds LOL! Thanks for stopping by too.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Just wanted you to know that with a request in the blogroll comments, there are now TWO "OVER 50 BLOGGER" graphics I made if you chose to want to use one for your sidebar.

Found on the sign up page.

Happy Sunday.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Desert Diva said...

Now a wild turkey is really "wild!"

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Jane said...

We once had wild turkey for Thanksgiving. You never saw such a skinny bird! Thanks for the memory! How lucky to have the camera hany when he came walking through.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger ~Jennifer said...

Oh, how cool!

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great "wild" picture!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, what a neat shot! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those darn turkeys...we get 'em here, too. Thanks for stopping by! :)

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Look at him run! Great choice for The Hunt this week. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Retro Girl said...

He's cute - look at him go! heheh. That's a great shot!

I was told to watch out for wild turkeys when we moved out here in the rural burbs of Chicago - that they were mean....but I've not really seen any yet. Saw a pheasant...

Great picture on the theme!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild turkeys are so cool. We have them even in here in Boston, on busy streets!

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I've never seen a wild turkey up close and had forgotten they traveled in rafters. Thanks for reading my blog! I just commented on your scavenger hunt list, late, but. . .

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...turkeys in the backyard!!..that's wild..great picture too..thanks for dropping by...

Pearl & Pato

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger PowersTwinB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home