<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Photo Hunt THEME: Shadows


I would be wrong to not post a photo of me and my shadow, my cherished identical twin sister, Bobbie. We have been each others shadow for our entire lives, and I can't imagine never having your shadow with you all the time! We were 2004 TwinsDays Queens for the Twinsburg, Ohio Festival. The festival is August 3, 4 & 5. I will have hundreds of photos from our 20th consecutive trip this August, so be sure and come back to visit!

108 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger ipanema said...

Now that is a very original photo! The crown looks good on both of you! :)

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a perfect sot for today's theme--PERFECT!! You two always look so happy together. Happy Hunting :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger CRIZ LAI said...

Wow...don't you took look gorgeous under each others' shadows. Another good shot for this week. Have a nice weekend! http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-shadow_14.html

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an cool take on the topic
i love that in the photo you are surrounded by tree shadows too !!!

thanks for dropping by my hunt

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jose said...

Wow, originality at it's best. Love the picture. You do look alike.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger lissa said...

Sounds like you and twins gets along really well - nice choice for PH.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger jams o donnell said...

LOL great take on the theme! Happy weekend

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Blur Mommy said...

That is one cool shadow!! Love the photo. Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Y'all know I've seen the photo before, but I still can't get over the fact you both were queens. That's just awesome.

Thanks for the S Photo Hunt visit.

Happy weekend to you too.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two beautiful 'shadows'... have a great weekend

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great take on this weeks theme! I love it! Hugs!!

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job! Come see mine!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That is a beautiful shadow behind you.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great shadow to have!!

Happy Weekend.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

My sister and I look a lot alike too but we are 7 years apart. I wonder what it would be like to have a twin. Y'all look lovely. I can tell you enjoy your "Shadow."

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Love the take on shadow. That's just perfect!
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely interpretation of the theme! you both look gorgeous! i wish i have a twin sister as well.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What a nice shot! Great take on the theme.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

You (BOTH) deserve shot of the week - what a great photo!!!
Grins,

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

What a beautiful and perfect interpretation. It must be a true blessing to have someone you can share everything with.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger jmb said...

Perfect theme for you today Becci.
Have a good weekend

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great interpretation of the theme!

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your take on this week's theme, Becci!
not all of us can do that! :)

thanks for dropping by
and happy hunting!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow how nice! what a sweet shadow you have :) i always wanted to have a twin

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ooooo tiaras!!! me likey!!! every gal should get to wear a tiara once in awhile...

smiles, bee

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I love this idea! Great pic and post! Thanks for the visit and comments! Nice place you have here!!!

HARMONIA
http://harmonia.wordpress.com

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse is a twin - so I totally get the shadow theme for this one. :)

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visit my site.

I can see that you both are very lovely sister.
Nice picture.

Happy weekend

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said...

What a perfect idea for shadow! You two are gorgeous!

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis,... you two are looking more and more alike again,... lol. Good photo of the both of you and great choice for your shadow.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

That's a wonderful picture ! must be marvellous to have a twin sister, you don't need a mirror !

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda halfway expected to see a photo of you two this week! Perfect!!!

I love it. Have a great weekend.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT idea. I am an identical twin too. I would have never thought of that.

We have always talked about going to the festival in twinsburg, but never have.

My sister is my best friend and I can't imagine my life without her.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you two look good together. wish i have a twin hihihi!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becci, your photo is the cutest! It made me laugh :D
I wish you and your twin a great weekend!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Wonderful photo! Really made me smile - it was just so perfect for the theme. Great job.

Hope your trip is terrific. Can't wait to see the pictures.

My Shadow

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger RUTH said...

You wear those crowns well. What a perfect take on the theme. Good wishes to you and your shadow :o)

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Tina said...

Wow, this is really one of the best ideas i saw today. Have a nice weekend.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger TorAa said...

An impertinent question: Who's the Shadow? LOL

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! My children love your photo, :)

have a great weekend!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger SASSY MOM said...

now, that's thinking out of the box.

nice photo! have a great weekend!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I carn't help singing to my self...Me and my shadow....
You might not know Mike and Bernie Winters but i can remember them singing that on a variety style show.

Cheers Mark

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! That is awesome! Perfect.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Great idea! Having a twin can come in handy!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Baba said...

Good Morning Becci, What a great shot of you two girls...Growing up must have been a joy...Keep sharing and loving each other. Baba

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Susan Demeter said...

What a lovely photo, and memory ... :) Sisters are the best! Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend .. :)

Oh and the blue thing in my photo is shadow's wheel. You could say he was asleep at the wheel ... ;)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

test

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

that is so wonderful. and you are right, i couldn't imagine it any other way either..

can't wait for this years! thanks for visiting.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Sarge Charlie said...

I got to tell you, she is like your shadow......

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Oh, what a perfect picture for this week! Great job! You 2 look great.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

A nice take on the theme for the photo contest. Mine is up now. And I also wanted to let you know that there is still time to enter my contest for a great photography gadget at Win an XShot from BenSpark.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific photo! It must be great having a twin. :) Perfect for today's theme!

My shadow.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice take on the theme.

Can't wait to read about your 20th consecutive trip to Ohio Festival.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Oh Wow, what a great take on the theme. Congrats to you both for being queens!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

You two look lovely!

Mine's up too :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger GEWELS said...

Great take on the theme- HA! you and your shadow.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be a twin! love your photo!

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely. Great take on the shadow theme. Twins are your best shadow come alive. Nice photo!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kel said...

Fantastic interpretation! Thank you for your comment on my photo.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Apparently this was the perfect theme for you this week! What a fun shadow you have there!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ok that's awesome!:) What a perfect twist on the theme this week!

Thanks for visiting!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

What a blessing to have such a great shadow! The festival sounds great! I didn't play last week, so I missed you photo then. It's hilarious!!

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be so fun to have an identical twin. You're right, Bobbie was your shadow before you even knew you had one. Congrats on being the Queens! Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

What a fantastic photo and a great take on the theme! You ladies look gorgeous too.
My hubby used to live in Twinsburg, and we always made sure we steared clear of that city during Twins Days. What an amazing festavle that is!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

You and yer shawdow is in da shadow of da trees - hahaha! Furry good! We likes yer"Fake" photo hunt too!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Andree said...

I think this is one of the highlights of today's photo hunt. You are both so beautiful and your love for each other is inspiring.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Rach said...

That's a really nice take on the shadow theme and you both look stunning!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Such a great take on the theme and you both look wonderful in the crown :)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

What a fantastic picture!!! Great photo for the "shadow" theme!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

That is just so cool, Becci! Y'all are gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by Pollywog Creek earlier and helping me shoo away those flies! =) The shower was wonderful - thanks! Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What fun you all must have!
That is a precious photo :)

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a very special shadow you have! I always thought it would be so neat to have a twin!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Awwww, that's a great shot and lovely story! I dated a twin once...love the idea!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger yenjai.net said...

That is a real shadow there.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Great idea and great shot! Besides, the story between you and your sister is the best part of everything. Marvellous! :)

Mine's up. Thanks for visiting.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Thank you for coming by to welcome me to Photo Hunters!

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh..this is so classic!...and yes very original...A priceless shadow I must say..:))

thanks for dropping by our blog

P&P

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Amazing Gracie said...

I kinda figured you'd find a take on "Me and My Shadow!" You're very fortunate, you two!
~~~Blessings~~~

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger LEA said...

Wow, an awesome "shadow" to have. I love the photo! The interpretation is wonderful. Thanks for visiting my blog and Photo Hunt today.

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have such a cherished twin, and you look so great together. I can understand how you must miss her. My younger sister lives in Canada and I miss her, and the relationship is never a close as yours.

Thanks for visiting yesterday :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Gran said...

Perfect for our theme. What beautiful Queens with radiant smiles!
Have a wonderful day!

please stop by:http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-shadows.html

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thats perfect for the theme! My girls tend to be each others (and my) shadows!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ginabee said...

What a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Moe said...

Wow! What a great "shadow" pic!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Vijay said...

A very original take on the theme. I guess you were waiting for this Saturday for a long while. LOL.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger The Daily Matters said...

How nice! You both look lovely.

Thanks for stopping by!

The Daily Matters

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is truly a shadow! Glad you visited Back in the Day.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!! THanks for stopping by my blog!! What a nice spin on the word shadow!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Aw, wonderful! And a great take on the theme.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very cool idea for this weeks theme.

Thanks for visiting my post earlier over at http://www.jmrpub.com/blog/2007/07/14/saturday-photohunt-shadow/#comments

I am JMR from JMRPub.com

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great photo. Such a lovely pair of queens!

Thanks for visiting my photo hunt.

Kim
TheBitterQueen

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE yopur photo, what a great entry for shadows!!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWW MY CHERISHED TWIN,... This is your... Shadow.
Together, Forever, Wherever, we go...
I Love You Twinie

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

As a mom of identical twins, that is too cool.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I love your spin on this theme!! Very nicely done, you two are beautiful!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger tiny london said...

That's a great shadow, if ever I saw one. Well done you!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

That is great :)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Turtles said...

Great take on the theme. Congratulations on the award, maybe you will win again this year.

I noticed you are from Michigan. My husband grew up in the Lansing area. We've been in California for 20 years now, don't think we'd hold up too well in the cold anymore.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Me and my shadow.
Great shot of you and your sister.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger bonggamom said...

Wow, you two look identical, all right! I never thought of using the word "shadow" in that way, what a great interpretation of the theme!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger GAB said...

I love this photo. One day I'll tell you about mine. tahnks for visiting.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Tara said...

What a great take on the theme! I love the photo!
Tara

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wished I had a twin -- of course this photo was a natural for this week's theme. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I love your take on this week's shadow theme - not so predictable than mine.

Have a great week.

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great choice for this week's theme! One that would never have occured to me of course, as I don't have a twin sister.
And a lovely photo.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture for the photo hunt. Yall both look great, too.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger elapot said...

wow, who could be the best shadow of yourself but your twin sis!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Liquid said...

How cool is it to have a twin shadow! You're both so beautiful! I've enjoyed your blog...found you over at your sis's site! I'll be back for more! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home