Saturday Photo Hunt: THEME: Creative



This weeks theme, was not hard at all....because my twin and I have been very creative, making our costume for the TwinsDays Festival "Two By Two" Parade. This year the theme of the festival is FIESTA. In May, my twin, Bobbie had this huge idea to make us our costume."We could be a pinata!" (I still tremble when I hear this!). It just so happened, I was in California visiting twinie when she comes up with a plan...."first lets go to an official Mexican party store"...Where we purchase 10 plastic table clothes. It took 2 full days of measuring and cutting the 2 x 4 strips of plastic, that would eventually become our "loops" for the pinata. Next we think about the "body" of this pinata, and come up with, "when you get back to Michigan in June we'll worry about it". The second week of June and we find ourselves in a hardware store, buying chicken wire...(it's always a big deal when "we" double up on an idea!). These photos don't do our costume justice just yet, as I don't have my dark green mexican blouse on, my pants are not done...(Bobbie actually glued and sewed all that plastic to 2 pairs of white pants)...And we are missing our huge sombreros. Oh My GOD! I will be wearing plastic pants as an adult! The parade is this coming Saturday, August 4th, down Ravenna Rd, Twinsburg, Ohio. They will see us coming a mile away....and if they don't see us, they will be quite aware of the Tootsie Rolls candy we will be dropping out a conveniently placed hole under our cute big tail!
41 Comments:
great photos! it fits perfectly into the theme! mine are up to if you want to take a look! happy hunting!
Oh you two are great!! Love the costume!
Happy Weekend.
Amazing Becci. Bobbie had a wonderful idea for sure!!
[by the way, how is your mother doing? I haven't seen you at the msg. board in a while --hope everything is okay with family!!]
wow, that is extremely creative!! Happy Friday.
Ohhhhhh you guys are just TWO CUTE!!! That really was a GREAT idea! Have FUN! I know you will -- you always do!
How fun! Plastic pants, lol... you may start a new fashion!
LOL, that is a very funny, colorful and creative costume indeed.
Great job sis. I am sure you will be a big "smash" (the pinata) during the parade. Love the idea of you two dropping tootsie rolls along the way. Have a great time at the Festival and take LOTS of doubles,... or triples, or quads, or quints,... you get the picture. lol. And don't forget, on the 3rd(?) being on the radio show! Good luck!
You two are a hoot! have fun, take lots of pictures! print a list of the 2007 themes so you can be on the look out for more pics
Happy Photo Hunting
Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
Thanks for visiting. These pictures are great! Very colorful.
I also wanted to send my thoughts and prayers your way...sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
HARMONIA
How fun! That is really creative.
Nice idea. Colorful custom that's homemade - are even more creative
that picture put a smile on my face :P really creative !
happy photo hunting ;)
Creative enough, love it!
http://monkeywong.com/2007/07/28/photo-hunters-creative/
Hi Becci. That's really very creative. Everything is perfect ~ the idea, the effort you invested to make the costume, the teamwork and the fun you had making it. Congratulations for a job well done. I love it! I wish I could see the actual parade. I'm sure everyone will appreciate what you've done. Oh, tootsie rolls. That's a sweet bonus. Have fun at the parade. Thanks for visiting me earlier. Take care!
My oh My! Not only is it creative, it is very colorful and excellent.
Thanks for the visit.
This is so fun! And the two of you are such cuties! Both of you look so alike! Please post the pictures of the festival!
You two again up to something different. Worth all the effort for sure. Have fun in the parade.
creative and artistic....very good and it included both of you that is perfect....cheers and happy hunting...
what an idea! it's beautiful! I can imagine you with the rest of your costumes. :)
have a great weekend! :)
Hi Becci - thanks for visiting.
I love your costume. Bet a lot of thought and fun went into that!
You guys are a riot, I love your entry. Not only creative but colorful too.
http://joecoolspics.blogspot.com/2007/07/creative.html
Now that made me smile! Happy weekend
I love the pinata costume! It made me smile. You two always look like you are having a lot of fun.
I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
thanks for making me smile. today is a stressful day for me :)
I love the colors, just lovely! Your are very creative.
Have a great TwinsDay Festival!
I feel sad for the loss of your friend.
Awesome! What a cool, creative item for your costume. :)
You have my condolences on the loss of your friend.
An AWESOME post for our creative theme. You gave me a wonderful start to my day. LOL.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Come see mine.
hehe. That's just grand and so very creative! Love the idea of the tootsie roll poo too!
hahahaha!
Awesome!!! Very creative.
You guys look lovely in those costumes! I love it!
Nice take for this week's theme.
That is too funny! Very cute I love it!
That is great! You are very creative! I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a safe trip.
Very cute.
Condolences on the loss of your friend. We also lost a friend unexpectedly last week and I paid tribute on my site. It is alays difficult.
I don't know what to say! That really made me laugh. You and your twin together must be quite something - and VERY creative.
That is TRULY creative! I can't believe you did this yourselves. BTW you look so much alike!
Oh, my! Y'all are a hoot! Very, very creative. I do hope that you will post photos of the final product. I'm so sorry to read of your friend's death. I will most certainly say a prayer for your safe travel, and for your friend's family. Blessings!
I had my daughter put together a slide show of her competition shots. So here's the link. Feel free to browse through it, and I hope you enjoy it.
That's a great photo.
Thanks for stopping by.
The Daily Matters
So cute! Very creative. Great choice for The Hunt.
So sorry for the loss of your friend.
Love your entries. From one twin to another. . . thanks for visiting my site.
Post a Comment
<< Home