<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Saturday TNChick's Photo Hunt: Theme: SMELLY




"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days," Benjamin Franklin famously said............


54 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

BECCI!!!!!! Long time no see. Ya, I DID know the plant from your last week's curvy. And I really like your choice of 'smelly'.

Mine's gonna be a little narrative for smelly ---by our cat Winston. I haven't published it yet. I'll wait 'til 5 PM then....drop by won't you?

Have a super evening and happy weekend dear friend.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

well wait a darn minute....color me blond. This is Thursday. Okay, okay....I'll see you Saturday [Friday at 5PM] *snort*

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

That's just great and so true. Happy Saturday a little early!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote! That is a very neat fish display though. But I know the smell... I did think of that kind of pic for the photohunt too, but decied of something else I'll post tomorrow.

Welcome to our spooktacular blog warming party today - if you dare.... *giggles*

Everybody is welcome :-)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Mm, I love fish - but definitely not when it smells! Great quote too.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like fish even the smelly dried ones. lol!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Great quote...works with the smelly theme!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be smelly, eh? Love fresh fish, though! YUMMO!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Carver said...

I've always thought that quote was funny. Great shot. The salmon tempts me the most in the array.

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I can't smell the fish it sure does look good.

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the quote. I'm gonna stock that away for when my mother wants us to stay with her for weeks on end (and I only want to be there for three days).

Great fishy photo for this week's theme.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Fish - smelly but yummy :)
Thanks for visiting my smells.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Yup, hence the reason I usually steer clear of the fish displat at the store. Nice choice for The Hunt.

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at fish stalls all set up but I'm not so keen on the smell!
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger jmb said...

Fish is not supposed to smell when you are buying it. But this is a very neat photo Becci.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Now I am becoming hungry!

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect smelly choice! Thanks for visiting me, and have a happy weekend! :)

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice for this week. Happy weekend!

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger jams o donnell said...

Nice choice for this week's theme. Lots of people are choosing fish this week! Happy weekend

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo...lots of smelly fish. But it all looks so good!

Happy Weekend.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

That's a great quote. I agree totally. I would love to put this in my house. hahaha....

I have received many guests in my house and most of them are people from Hell!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I adore fish! Being a vegetarian it is what I eat all the time! But it does have to be fresh otherwise I won't touch it. Wonderful picture.
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

I know that expression! Well done Becci - great idea for the theme!
Great photo too.
Happy weekend
Lisa (Libertybelle)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger ipanema said...

nothing can beat that smell i guess. it's hard to wash off. :)


Happy weekend! :)

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yes and he was right too!! ha ha ha

smiles, bee

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Susan Demeter said...

Great choice for the theme! Happy photo hunting, and thanks so much for visiting :)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Great quote and shot!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Joyismygoal said...

looks yummy tome

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, yep that is smelly alright!
The quote is great!! LOL
thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting today! Come back soon!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Just Jinny said...

Fish is very stinky. On all the cooking shows they say that fish shouldn't stink..how odd would that be.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

That's very true what he said, but not for all guests some are allowed to stay longer, lol !

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Whirlwind said...

Lots of fishy pictures this week.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I see a lot of people that agree with you on the stinky fish!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo! This quote is so unbelievably true. I've never heard it, but I will be using it!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger CRIZ LAI said...

Maybe it's the weather over there that cause the fish to be smelly after 3 days. It will take only a few hours for the fish to get really stinky with the humid weather here.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words always in your comment. I always like to think out of the box for my photography. Glad to know that you love them always. Have a great weekend Becci :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I don't like the smell of fish

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Talk..to..Grams said...

That is a great quote! I have fish on mine,too! Thanks for your visit! Happy Hunting!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photo - I love fish & having guests to stay - but they rarely stay more than 3 days!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said...

Great choice for the week, along with your quote!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Corey~living and loving said...

Super good choice for the theme. :)
happy weekend!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I love that quote, happy weekend :-)

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo sis,.. and thanks for mine. I am glad you thought of something because all I could think of was trash, feet, or dirty diapers,... and none were too appealing to me. Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Katney said...

Your fish market has a good selection--wish we did!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice and certainly smelly.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the quote! Great choice for this week. Have a wonderful evening!

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww, fish is not my cup of tea....they really smell terrible for me, but that is a good picture for the theme.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

But it tastes SO good!!!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger tanabata said...

That's a great quote! And a great smelly fish photo! Thanks for visiting.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Fish can certainly be smelly, but it is very yummy too. :) Great choice for this week's Hunt. :)

My smelly photo.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Gran said...

Perfect selection for our Smelly theme. Nice markert display, Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for your visit.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh that looks good, although smelly..

good luck with the spam, but word ver helps a lot. It happens to all of us from time to time.

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks smelly and delicious!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

Benjamin Franklin is right - after 3 days, fish most definitely smells. I love fresh fish, though. Yummmy! Thanks for stopping by to visit my smelly photos on Pollywog Creek, Becci. Hope your week to come is filled with blessings!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Janet said...

ROFL, the picture AND the quote are great! Thanks for visiting :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home