OH MY GOSH! I have been missing forever!
These are gusadaydees, a real Holiday family treat!I'm so sorry all....but I have had a rough time these last few months. My brother passed away on Dec 1st and I was involved with his care for 3 months prior with another sister, MaryLou. It's almost Christmas, and whether I like it or am prepared, it is going to happen. The economy has slashed my present giving. My children will all understand, they're grown for God's sake, and too dam bad if they wonder where the 10-12 presents mom ALWAYS has purchased and wrapped BY MYSELF every year for the last 37! This Christmas, they are getting a measly 3 each and one bigger one for each. If there had'nt been online shopping, that small shopping wouldnt have been done!....I am a bit angered and frustrated today. I was on my way to help sister in law begin to make "gusadaydees" for Christmas. She lives about 35 mins from me...after I was on the road, fighting with the never ending white shit (YET AGAIN! there is already a foot of snow on the ground!)...anyway, I was on the road, trying to control my SUV and being mindful of the idiots flying by on unplowed streets....I got 8 miles from my house and had to turn back after 1 hour! It took another hour to get to my house safely! People are morons who are lackadaisily driving too fast, while on their phones, and in a blinding snowstorm!...I am so mad at the world today, I miss my brother, I miss my twin, I miss my sister kissedalotoftoads, I hurt all over with a major flare up of my fibromyalgia and my arthritis is off the pain chart.....and now, I have to figure out what my hubby wants me to cook for dinner! read my lips, PISS ON DINNER!....now, arent you just so happy I did come back? NOT!
Gussadaydees are homemade pasta pockets filled with ricotta cheese and cooked on top of homemade chicken soup...they are a Holiday favorite, and its something I look forward to, spending time with my sister in law who is a sister of my heart!



9 Comments:
My dear sweet Becci. I'm soooo, so happy that you stopped by and left me a comment. You've been on my mind for so long, wondering just how you were and hearing nothing from you. But, trust me, your absence, tho you were missed a lot, was understandable with you loss and trying to live a life yourself with all that has been happening.
May the good Lord look down onto you and give you some rays of hope soon!!!
Have a peaceful holiday if possible. You're constantly in my thoughts!!!!
Glad you are back and up and running. Wish you would come and make Gussadaydees for me! YUM!
Today is my laundry and cleaning day. Maybe some wrapping too. Tomorrow organize, and then....let the Christmas fun begin.
My daughter is coming home for Christmas with her guy! Yay!
Hugs to you!!!
I am glad to see you back to Photohunt. I wish I could take all your worries away with a flick of a wand. I can imagine the traffic in that crappy white stuff. We haven't gotten any so far (not that I'm complaining).
I have to work xmas eve and xmas day, which I don't mind. The holidays just are not the same anymore.
You are forever in my prayers, I love you and miss you terribly. I miss Doug a lot too. In fact, I miss the whole family!
I've never had Gussadaydees before. They sound and look delicious.
You certainly have hit a rough patch in your life. It's particularly hard to lose someone close to a holiday. At least you are pulling yourself together and getting on with it.
Hey Becci, I'm so sorry about your brother but he is now at peace and without pain, so remember that is a good thing.
It's good to have you back, even ranting away, and I hope you feel better soon, physically and in spirit.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
relx, breathe in, breathe out. Christmas WILL happen whether you are ready for it or not, but it is just a day on the calendar. The spirit of Christmas is there every day.
Hi Becci!
Glad to see you back to blogging again!
Wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas!! *hugs*
May you be blessed this Christmas and the year ahead with health, happiness and peace!
Much love,
Maribeth
So glad to see you back! I've missed you! My sympathies to you for the loss of your brother. I'm sure that was very hard.
I hope that your Christmas was blessed. May 2009 bring you many blessings.
Post a Comment
<< Home