
I have several small green plants, a huge Peace Lily , a gerber flower and a hibiscus tree in my home. I never have had green plants, but there are teeny small black bugs in the air, they are driving me crazy! Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of these pests? They are very small, flying bugs...almost like fruit flies...I live in Michigan, its too cold to put them outside, I fear the plants would die...any suggestions please? The plants are from mom's funeral, and I really dont want to have to throw them away, I cant bring myself to do that since its only been 3 months since mom has passed...please, any help??
7 Comments:
Those are gnats sis,... try looking it up online. I know they can drive you crazy. What a beautiful flower you have blooming on that plant. I miss mom too. Hugs and love.
Becci,
I feel your anguish. Try spraying the plants with soapy water. It's a simple homemade recipe, more eco-friendly than oil-based commercial spray.
It keeps aphids off my roses, so it might work for you.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sounds like gnats
Do a Google search... there are a lot of remedies. They are enjoying your potted plants damp soil, most likely.
I'm clueless - but gnats sounds reasonable to me! I know those hibiscus get FILLED with ants when you have them outside - and they when you bring them in - LOOK OUT! Ants just LOVE those plants!
Thank you for the beautiful card and your thoughts and prayers. I just have a LOT on my plate right now - and a disagreement with Pastor about whether MY brother went to Heaven or Hell was NOT what I needed right now. Don't worry about it though! I'm done with it. I know where MY beliefs are and where they come from... so I'm fine now!
You, too, are in my prayers.
You may be able to call your local Extention Office or check out the University of Michigan or Michigan State and go to their agromey (sp) department and they should be able to help you.
I have heard of the soapy water thing too. Call a florist there is some special spray they have as well. Love the hibiscus. I lived in Hawaii for awhile and had them in my yard, loved them so much I bought one for my mom on Mother's Day- they are beautiful in the summer.
Hello from the other side of this cold state of ours! Gotta love Michigan weather huh!
Ive heard of the soapy water thing as well as a vineager and water solution. But I agree with Joyce call the local Extension office and see what theyrecommend.
Post a Comment
<< Home