<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Friday, November 09, 2007

TNChick's Saturday Photo Hunt Theme: FLEXIBLE


'It's Slinky, it's Slinky, Everyone knows it's Slinky'
These days, our grandchildren only know of plastic Slinky....but those near my age remember the wire metal ones, the ones that invariably had to be "cut" out of your sisters hair??? ...

the TV commerical went like this:

Who walks the stairs without a care
It shoots so high in the sky
Bounce up and down just like a clown
Everyone knows its Slinky


The best present yet to give or get
The kids will all want to try
The hit of the day when you're ready to play
Everyone knows its Slinky


It's Slinky, it's Slinky
for fun it's the best of the toys
It's Slinky, It's Slinky
the favorite of girls and boys


Have I got that song stuck in your head? Or is your brain so "flexible" you can forget it????

69 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remeber this one, I played it before. nice find and thanks for that memories .

have a great weekend Becci!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh this one is totally cool! Excellent picture for this week!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

slinkys are the best and wonderful for flexible!! I remember the metal ones!! Now they are all plastic!! Wonderful shot.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Katney said...

Visits to my paternal grandmother when I was small were highlighted by getting to play with her slinky. I think she probably had it there just for me. I was the baby cousin--everyone else was at least six years older than I was and had someone to play with. My family came about once a month and my brother and sister each had a cousin across the street near their age. I sat at the top of the stairs and, with a great deal of fascination, sent that slinky down time after time after time. The stairs themselves were amazing to me, as we had none in our home.

Thanks for the memories.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh I so love this!! GReat choice!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Talk..to..Grams said...

Oh Boy! Now I have that tune in my mind!! This is a wonderful shot of this week!! I remember the metal ones. and they did get caught in the girls hair..... Have a nice weekend, Grams

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger maiylah said...

oh, yes! we had the plastic ones... :)
great choice!

happy weekend!

PhotoHunt post

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger LivG said...

I love your picture, and I actually remember the metal slinky too!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Oh YES! I remember slinkies! I never thought the plastic ones were "as good" as the metal ones though! Something about the way the "chinked" when ya played with them! They're great toys!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger SabineM said...

I LOVE those Slinkies!
It has been a while since I HAVE seen one!! WE have no steps here, so I can't use one to its fullest! ;-)
Oh wow, I just saw your blog roll, how do you do that on Blogspot?

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice!!!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

My brothers and I played with this when we were young. It was fun.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheeeeee! Slinky!

My kids love them, but always get them tangled. I spend hours trying to untangle them!!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's perfect!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger TAB said...

The slinky! Nice!
P.S. I am mama to 22 month old twins, Henry and Marcail who don't look anything alike!

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouh.. I still have it in my room. Thanks for the shot! Happy weekend!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Shosh said...

Oh yeah, the most flexible slinky. My kids love them.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis, great idea, and thanks for that song stuck in my head. I'm slacking in getting to make my rounds. Hugs and love sis,.. have a good weekend.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Perfection!

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice take on the theme! I have a photo of this toy..lol But never came up in my mind:D
Mine is up here;
Photo Hunt:Flexible
Happy Weekend!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Everyday Healy said...

Oh! I like your" flexible". This is one of my childhood favourite belongings too.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Siani said...

I remember the metal ones, now that you've reminded me. Great choice for this week's theme. Have a lovely weekend!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea! i forgot about them! lol
thanks for visiting,
and happy weekend!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Queen of My Domain said...

One of my most favorite toys growing up. The metal ones are much better than the plastic ones, I think. Great flexible choice.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Donny and Marie and Casey said...

My mommy remembers the metal slinkys...she thinks maybe she even remembers the TV jingle too!

She had no idea they now have plastic slinkys.

I will endeavour to be as flexible as that slinky...you'll see!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a wonderful comment. :)

~Donny the Contortionist

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger MaR said...

Oh, I remember them. Love your take on the theme and your pic.
Happy weekend :)

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger jmb said...

That's a fabulous photo Becci. I remember the metal ones but not cutting them out of hair thank goodness.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

I thought this week was a tough one but you made a wonderful choice and took an awesome photo of it! Great job!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Nice take on the theme...my son used to have that toy too. Happy weekend:)

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Nice take on the theme. My son used to have that toy too. HAppy weekend :)

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a slinky!!! I remember having these. I love the colors on this one.

Happy Weekend.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous photograph of the slinky spring. An excellent take on the theme.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Very cool! :) I just did my first photo hunt ever, come check it out if you get a chance. Have a great weekend! :)

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Amazing Gracie said...

Gee, I didn't even know they made plastic ones! I'm so far behind the times...
Slinkeys were totally cool. I loved playing with mine!
I think you get the award for best photo this week!
~~~Blessings~~~

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the best idea ever!! I use to play with that thing for hours at a time. I know my mother was thankful.lol

Take care,
Connie

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Bull's eye for flexible, and a superb shot! Have a great weekend.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Slinky, I remember this toy. My classmates used to run after this on the steps of the stair. I love shot of Slinky here. :)

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Cool photo of the slinky! It is certainly a flexible toy. :)

I'm naturally flexible this week.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Vic said...

Hey, the slinky brigns out my problem solving side - those things invariably get twisted into a knot and I love to fix it.

Cheers for a cool shot and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Vic

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Great picture and yes I do remember the comericals and the wire one. I loved the sound of them as they walked down the stair.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger shiera said...

flexible indeed! and what a great shot!

I miss playing one of those! haha

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Yes, the song is stuck in my head now :) That's a wonderful photo. The light and colors are just beautiful. Great take on the theme!! Have a wonderful weekend !

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Wow you took this photo? It's an awesome close up....you did a fantastic job.

And oh dear my yes! I remember those. Our little doxie used to follow in as it tumbled down our staircase, barking at it and nipping! It was a hoot.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I used to have a metal one, oh what fun up and down the stairs. How easily we were amused in those days...

Cheers Mark

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

A Slinky! Perfect, perfect for the theme!

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now you have me singing the song...

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have had those toys before. Love how this can "go down" steps

Thanks for the fun memories, Becci :)

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay slinkys!!!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Valarie said...

I LOVE slinkys!! This is GREAT!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said...

Wonderful shot!

I hope you have a great weekend!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger GAB said...

Ah yes the slinky's. What a wonderful toy.
My poor sitre didnt think so! lol
Great photo hunt

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger GAB said...

Ah yes the slinky's. What a wonderful toy.
My poor sitre didnt think so! lol
Great photo hunt

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I used to love my slinky!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extremely cool shot!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger JC said...

Great shot! Amazing that they are such a simple, timeless toy.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Oh that's a great one for flexible! I didn't even think of that!

Thanks for visiting my site today!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger YTSL said...

Ooooooo, a slinky! And the first one I've seen on this Photo Hunt too -- which is a bit of a surprise, actually! ;b

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Great choice and a marvelous shot. I loved playing with them when I was young and my son aldo enjoys playing with a slinky.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Joyismygoal said...

oooo yes so fun i love your slinky picture

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That's so funny. We took a slinky to China for our neighbors when we adopted our daughter. One for them, one for us. They had seen a commercial with the slinky going down the steps of the Great Wall. Yep... I did it, twice. However, I did wait till no one else was around. So I have a slinky that went down the Great Wall of China.
Thanks for visiting my site!
Blessings, Kim

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my flexible submission!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Baba said...

We use to have the metal slinky and the sound it made going down the stairs was great..Do the plastic ones make a noise??Thanks for sharing ...
It did not take much to entertain us when we were growing up , as it does now days with this generation.Baba

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous shot - I love the composition & colour. Beautiful!
Happy weekend!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hi! You commented on my photo hunt and I've tagged you for a meme. Just wanted to get to know you better. :) Have a great Sunday!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Ahhh, I loved Slinkys! Great shot!

Thanks for visiting :-)

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I do remember! This was a great idea! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Tammie said...

Slinkys are the best!! What an awesome idea.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger maryt/theteach said...

How DID you get that shot of a Slinky? Marvelous...love it!

Thanks for visiting me today Nov 17

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Great post! Thanks for visiting me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home