<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

TNChick's Saturday Photo Hunt: THEME:::Yellow














While visiting my twin sister in Palm Desert, CA., she treated me to a day at The Fabulous Follies. The Follies are presented at the Plaza Theatre on Palm Canyon Drive, in Palm Springs. The performers have an age requirement of OVER 50 years of age! The oldest performer on stage was Dorothy Kloss at 85!!!! Ms. Klass is billed in the Guinness Book Of Records as the "Oldest 'Still preforming' Showgirl in the World". Dorothy was on Good Morning America a few months ago. These men and women put on a 3 1/2 hour show 9 times a week! My photo is of Jill Gordon in a full yellow feather lioness headress. Spectacular isnt she? especially at 65 years of age! This years program was Route 66. The Follies starred Susan Anton, who by the way looked ridiculously amazing at 58 years of age. Here is Ms. Anton with my sister and myself outside of the theatre. The Follies are in their 18th season and if you are EVER in Palm Springs, California make it a "MUST SEE".

Labels:

46 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Poor Susan Anton! Being photographed with two other beautiful blonds she just pales in comparison!
My Dad passed on Thursday, and Anneliese is pregnant and I am off to a job interview this morning.
Busy week. I just want to veg out when I get home this afternoon.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Rebecca Mecomber said...

Susan Anton is 58?!?! You three make a lovely photo!

Great choices for yellow! I did something a little more low-key, lol.

http://ilovenewyorktravel.net/photo-hunters-yellow/

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me, the lady in yellow is 65? She's gorgeous! Maybe she discovered the fountain of youth. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger MaR said...

I'd love to look like the lady in yellow when I am 65!!!!!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! That is one heck of a costume.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Oh. my. word! She's lovely! A true beauty - pictured between two more true beauties, I might add! And wow, Jill Gordon looks amazing as well. I can only dream of looking that 65!

Wonderful picks for the yellow theme today.

And I can't believe I didn't drop by for a look at your "four" post! Love the palm trees and the lemons!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Brita said...

Great take on the theme! Thanks for the information on these Follies. I'd love to see them one day. And I sure would love to look like that at 65.....but performing that many times a week sure keeps one in shape.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, they look better than me. And I am only 30 LOL...

Thanks for dropping by my site..

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the yellow fur. It is so vibrant

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger jenny said...

Some very different yellow things than I've seen the rest of this afternoon! Cool!
Have a good weekend!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Terri said...

That's quite a costume. Hope it doesn't malfunction!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Dragonstar said...

I suppose it's too late for me to work on looking like that in the next two months. Wonderful yellow Photo - but my eyes have turned green!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow they are lookin good for their age. LOL I hope I do when I get there. Mine's Up... TTYL

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Wowie, what an amazing costume! I don't know if I would like to wear it or play with the feathers.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Great post for the yellow theme. Happy weekend.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I wish I had legs like that. How fabulous to have a more 'mature' dancer...great..

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great and very unique take on the theme - I really enjoyed this one!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible! What a way to celebrate yellow!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Sweetanlo said...

Sounds like fun!

http://web.me.com/pastormac_/Sweetanlos_Soliloquy/Talking_to_myself/Entries/2009/3/20_Photo_Hunters_-_Yellow.html

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan Anton looks just the same as she did in the 80's. I can't believe the lady in the showgirl outfit is 65. She is in amazing shape and the yellow really stands out. Thanks for visiting my Photo Hunt this week.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry. I've never seen a Follies show before but to get to see one one day. Wow! Susan Anton looks great and yeah wish I can look like that when I'm in my 50's. :-) Thanks for sharing and Happy weekend.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger The Queen Bee said...

Wow! I hope I could be as gorgeous when I am 65. Thanks for visiting my photo hunt.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Susan Cook said...

Wow that's some yellow costume! I can't believe that woman is 65! That's unbelievable. And Susan Anton doesn't look 58. That sounds like a fun show to see. Great yellow photos!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the picture of the three gorgeous blonds! :-)

The performer with the feathers gives a new definition to the terms "chick". ;-)

Thanks for visiting my blog for photo hunter!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sarah Coggins said...

Great take on this week's theme! That show looks like a lot of fun. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger incoherent said...

Wow, that is amazing.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah!! At age 65 she's definitely still shining brightly!! :)

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger healingmagichands said...

Well. There's hope for me yet! I love the beauty in the yellow costume, hard to believe she's 65.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger tanabata said...

Wow, that's quite an impressive costume! Great yellow shot.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

I would have loved to see this show !!! that must have been very funny and different to these always the same looking young girls !

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing photos... great shots!

Thanks for the visit!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger eastcoastlife said...

I want to look like Jill Gordon or Susan Anton!! They are gorgeous!

I would love to watch the performances. But why the age limit over 50? I'm only in my early 40s. It will take years before I can watch them. :(

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger jams o donnell said...

I love your take on the theme. Happy weekend

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no way i am going to look like that after 50 :) what more 65

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I agree with some of these other comments...I'd love to look as great as the three of you when I'm in my 50s & 60s! WOW!

Great photos!

Thanks for visiting mine too!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Tokenhippygirl said...

Wow... what a cool thing... and some really great photos to go with it!

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a very good show!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

WOW!!!! That is amazing - and humbling - and makes me never want to leave my house. Of course, I didn't look that good at 38, much less 58!!!!

(((((Hugs))))) Thanks for being so sweet, Becci. Hope you have a wonderful week!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Wow! What can I say? Heartstopping ;-)

Thanks for your visit and have a great week!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

The babe in the yellow is 65???

I think I'm in love.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I'm so sorry to be so late in arriving for your yellow entry. What a great display of color. You thought I was going to say display of something else now, didn't you. With the dancer? Nope, I'll refrain.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, wish I looked that good. Love these photos.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger sammawow said...

Wow, what a great take you had on the yellow theme! I believe my parents saw that show one time when they were in the area. Looks like you and your sister had a terrific time!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger MJ said...

OMG I love them! Especially that first one...WOOOOSH!

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am inpressed! What a great tribute to performers over 50! Great one sis, and bet you had fun.
I finally got my cord today,... and am thankful that was all the problem was. I'm back in the saddle again. Hugs and love sis.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

It's hard to believe that she's already 65. Amazing how some people age gracefully.

Sorry for my late visit. Enjoy the rest of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home