<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Sunday, February 01, 2009

I would like some input please...I want to remove all of the black and white photos from my mantle, but what to replace there? Give me some ideas!















My living room is done in burgundy, green and cream colors. I cannot replace the furniture...but I could do anything to the mantle! It is painted a light mauve, one shade darker than the walls. I am including photos of my furniture and the pattern of it. Have any suggestions? What would you even call my decorating style? it's not country, its not modern...help!

11 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ice Pony Girl said...

Assorted beautiful candle sticks. ??

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Yeah, that's what I'd do, candlesticks and perhaps a nice centerpiece.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Bengbeng said...

Yr place is very 'European' style. you have idea of color and style and art. As for me I prefer minimal. It is easy to maintain. For the mantel piece why dont you consider a flower centre piece from recycled material like in my post -> the third pic

http://www.mylongkang.com/2009/01/26/virtual-chinese-new-year-visit-to-my-home/

great conversation piece too among my friends hahaha

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Bengbeng said...

the flower vase is made of colored wrapping paper rolled up and placed in a circle. there is a similar platform made from slightly different shade of wrapping paper as a rectangular base for it ( not in pic) to heighten the color contrast ) -> the papers are recycled from old wrapping papers

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rebecca Mecomber said...

Very pretty! My suggestion for the mantle would be some nice trailing ivy or some kind of green plant with roses.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rebecca Mecomber said...

Very pretty! My suggestion for the mantle would be some nice trailing ivy or some kind of green plant with roses.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Twin, why not place the photos somewhere else, and PAINT on the mirror?? I know you can be creative, flowing Ivy, or Flowers & greens? Or hey, for Valenetines Day, Hearts , then for St. Paddys day, shamrocks, Easter, Bunnies and eggs.. Okay, I will NOT have that second drink for Happy Hour..LOl

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hi again Becci...Y'know what I'd do...I change it for the seasons...do it up different for Spring...then, Summer...then Autumn...then Winter.

Incorporate SOME of the photos with artificial swags of flowers for the season and add a few knick knacks here and there...all intermingling with the whole theme of the season. Add some candles and a few framed mirrors...for a great effect.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger KarenSue said...

I think an assortment of candle sticks and a topiary or two, would add height to the display.

I also love the look of empty picture frames (just the framing, no glass) displayed on the mantle. Find some interesting, frames and maybe spray paint them all one metallic (gold) color.

try HGTV.com's message boards, they have great ideas.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger rdl said...

I beautiful mantle clock with nothing else or maybe a couple of candles/sticks/hurricanes. If you win the lottery I'd get a flatscreen tv.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I agree with Hootin Annie...change it with the seasons or the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home