<Becci's Bungalow>

Becci's Bungalow

My life as an identical twin in our "sunset side" of 50. I'm not "Over The Hill" but I CAN see it from here!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

TNChicks Saturday Photo Hunt: Theme:::: CHIPPED

*Scrape, scrape, swear, chip, swear, chip,sweat, bitch, complain, chip, scrape and bitch some more!" Guess who needs a new snow shovel? The hubs,...

SICK! that's what this is! There is way too much ice and it had to be chipped with a trowel...the ice was nearly 3 inches think and the snow measures well over 3 feet! I've had enough!


32 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh I just hate it when it gets like this! I finally got ice treads for my shoes.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger jams o donnell said...

THat looks like hard work. I'm glad we do't get that much snow in a decade! Happy weekend

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great reminder of why it's nice to be living in North Carolina. I don't miss chipping ice at all. :0) Nice contribution to this week's PhotoHunt!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger CRIZ LAI said...

Gosh! That's really a lot. I can understand your woes and curses over those.. :P

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow sis, I didn't realize it was that bad up there,.... and way too much snow and ice. Trying to get mine posted. Miss you and love you.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not too much fun and very back breaking. We've hardly had any snow, but frigid temps.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger June said...

LOL...better him than me!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of work. I'm not sure an ice chipper is going to be enough.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger bonggamom said...

Wow, that's a lot of ice. I'd bitch too if I had to chip away at that.

Thanks for visiting my site today and showing your support for the Quaker/SOS cause.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca Mecomber said...

Ah yes. My sympathies. Same here!

I did Photo Hunters today, too. I hope you get a chance to visit.
http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-chipped/

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow, now that is a lot of work. I say salt it, let it melt or take a lot of warm water all around to make it help out right away!

I think you made me tired just typing this! :)

And here's to wishing that you see your sister more in California (that's where I grew up)..

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger jmb said...

Becci I really feel for all you people who have to do this every year after our big long lasting snowfall this year. We were totally paralyzed as the city ploughs only the main streets.
Chipping all that ice away is an awful job.
Have a good weekend.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Carver said...

That looks like a lot of work. Great take on the theme.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Tina - omme i London said...

Beccfi - I haven't visited your blog in ages, but here I am.
I also haven't Photohunt'ed for a few weeks. :(
I love your "chipped" picture. Can't you throw some sand on the ice, for grip. The ice is SO hard to get rid of.
I guess now it not the time to tell you that I'm a wee bit envious of your snow. :)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Biker Betty said...

We get snow, but nothing like that thank goodness! That is some serious ice your hubby is chipping away at. Hope spring comes fast for you. Have a great weekend and stay warm!!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I hope you can get that all chipped away! It looks like a very hard job.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Carver said...

Thanks for letting me know that you were getting the comments. I was afraid that you weren't because I kept getting the message that they weren't going through but glad to know they are. Take care,Carver

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Sherry Shealy Martschink said...

We very rarely get snow or ice in coastal South Carolina. I enjoy the rare snow but not the ice. It causes too many problems for us.
Thanks for visiting my site. You must have spent a lot of time there if you read about the "show 'n tell" with son Tree.
Thanks for your comments.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Scrape, scrape, swear, chip, swear, chip,sweat, bitch, complain, chip, scrape and bitch some more!"

LOL, could I borrow those lines?! That's how it is here in Boston too! We've had had ENOUGH! Yet we're still looking at months away from the winter. even that isn't reassuring because we've had years when it went straight from winter to summer it seemed because all of spring felt like winter and even had snow in April! sigh.

great take on chipped!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger YTSL said...

Aaaah, the wonderful Midwest! Lived in Wisconsin for four years (went to college at Beloit). Small consolation, I know, but bet Wisconsin's even colder than Michigan! :D

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lazy Housewife said...

Wow that is a lot of ice! Good concept for pics, though. ;-)

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the monologue, he complains because of the ice. Very nice theme and caption

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Marites said...

funny monologue:) looks like hard work too.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Emily/Randomability said...

Yup. We have one of those ice scrapers ourselves.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Crikey mate - that's a lot of snow! :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Baba said...

Wow... Becci.. what a mess!!!I would slip and fall on that ice for sure..poor hubby.. he needs a blow torch to melt it...Thanks for your visit to my place today... Baba

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger stan said...

Thanks for a fresh spin to the theme. It sure looks like backbreaking work.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so much ice to chip away. Great take on the theme!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger TAB said...

Oh man I do not miss that at all here in sunny Florida! Good work on this week's theme!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger philos said...

Hehe... amusing entry! Good one! :)

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeing that I'm relieved we don't get frost here - but boy, I LOVE snow!! :))

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

....and that's the reason I live in the south!!!! No more of that 'chit'...I hate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home