followers,newbies and lurkers....I NEED YOUR HELP! This year will mark my twin sister and my 21st consecutive trip to TWINSDAYS




My beautiful twin sister, Bobbie and I will be going to our 21st consecutive road trip to a multiples festival in Twinsburg, Ohio, the first full weekend in August. Each year, the committee comes up with a "theme" and she and I usually do our best to convey that theme in costumes for the "Two By Two" parade which is about 2 miles of mulitples riding in floats, or walking....in 2004 Bobbie and I were the QUEENS of the festival and appropriatly wore besutiful long dresses with our tiaras. SO THIS YEAR....we are stumped! The theme is 50 (s). Every other set of female twins will be wearing poodle skirts and saddle shoes...we want to be different!!
So I am asking my readers for some costume ideas! As of right now, we were thinking of retro bowling shirts with "Team Twin Powers" on the back (our maiden name is Powers)...but it's not so original! ...The above photo from 1995 is with our custom made top and pants, made BY OUR SISTER, Cindy aka KissedAlotAtoads. The shirt read "She's In My ♥ ...She's In My Soul... She's In My Shirt Too!" Oh my God how we twins laughed and laughed when we used the handicap Port-A-Johns on the festival grounds! The other photo, is our costume from 1998 and our scrubs read "Doctor, Doctor, Mr. M.D. ...Is there one or two of me?" Pretty original I have to say! Then in 2007 we made our Pinata Costume which I have posted before, but am doing again. This costume took us three months to make and we cut up plastic tablecloths into small strips and hot glued them to the chicken wire frame we made! Lots of work...but all three of these brought us GOLD medals in the competion for best costumes.
SO??? what original costumes can you come up with that fit the 50's?



7 Comments:
Oh I like the bowling shirts idea!
I don't think I have told you that I have a new friend at WW named Carol. She is a twin and her sister is Carolyn! No kidding! Her mother couldn't think of any other name. I asked what everyone called them when they were growing up. "Twins"! Of course! lol!!!
I have no clue. Hope you come up with something tho...I just KNOW you will.
Wow!!!!! You ladies are soooooooo creative - I don't know that I can think of anything better than what you have already considered - but I'll put on my thinking cap and let you know if something comes to me. I'm a child of the 50's, so who knows! =)
Wow! Those photos sure are a lot of fun! You make me wish I have a twin!
I sure wish I can help but living in a totally different continent would make me ineligible I suppose. I hope you do well though! :)
I love the fantastic costume you came up with last time. So creative!
Sorry I couldn't really think of what to suggest right now. I hope you will be flooded with all kinds of amazing inspiration. Good luck!
Go as Buddy Holly. This was the 50th anniversary of the Day the Music Died.
hmmmm I'll think on it....
Post a Comment
<< Home