A GREAT READ!! "Frantic" by Katherine Howell

I came across Ms Katherine Howell quite by accident...I was blog jumping...and I found her website. I have never read a book so fast in my life! The story line is about a young paramedic in Australia named Sophie Phillips. The story was aptly named FRANTIC, as I was FRANTICally awaiting her next radio call as she and her partner worked in the city ambulance. The story takes a FRANTIC turn when her cop husband is shot in the face and some one has kidnapped Sophie's son, Lachlan. Sophie is FRANTIC in her search for her son. I've never been to Australia, but novelist Katherine Howell made me feel I was there every moment with Sophie. This story could have taken place in anyones home town, in anyones country to anyone we love. This book was absolutely spellbinding and kept me on the edge of my seat. Suspension, drugs, missing child, corrupt government...sounds just like an every other normal day for a paramedic. GREAT READ!!!
May God Bless all paramedics, firefighters, policemen/women and all service personell and my daughter in love, Allison, a Paramedic here in Michigan.



5 Comments:
Lovely to hear from you again - I must go and check out this novel, especially because it's set in this great country I call home.
thanks for stopping by, I am also an "older blogger" and an avid reader. I loved your picture of the seals and the sea. I've only been to each side of the country once and had but a glimpse of the atlantic and pacific oceans.
This book sounds great.. I will buy it and can't wait to read it.. Thanks for telling us about it.Give Allison my heartfelt thanks for the job she performs..all of the men and women who are called into this field of medicine are my kind of people!! I have a heavy foot while driving , so I have always wanted to drive an ambulance fast across town...
Come back to visit me anytime...
Hugs, Baba
Sounds like a very interesting book, will have to check it out. Thanks for letting us know.
Your post makes me want to read this. I've just finished "The Witness" by Sandra Brown and am starting on "Lady Killer" by Lisa Scottoline.
Post a Comment
<< Home